Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is also a more decent way to make money.

I wouldn't put it like that. How is it different from a guy who runs a toy shop. Orders 20 of these, Sells 10 for retail upon release and left the rest unsold for the next 3 months. Then suddenly the after market booms for double the price(HT Wolverine etc). Do you think the guy will sell it for retail still? Do we criticise him for ''hoarding'' the toys in the first place?

I wouldn't.

I am pretty sure I have seen plenty of screengrabs of hot rod red if bot more in the other MIII thread years back though that proofs otherwise so even if it were 50/50 I go with hot rod red as I said to be in line with the movie and possibly the comics. As for glossy even the MII in close ups is only metal brushed and not glossy but in full body shots it reflects enough to give the impression of highly reflective surface, almost chrome like. So again if have to choose I would choose gloss as I would mainly look at it not from 1cm away.
As for ordering large quantities. I thought preorders will sell out possibly first day so that would lead me to believe that the quantity has been set before the preorders go up and hence an individual ordering large Qs for flipping will not I increase production runs. Only exception has been when HT significantly underestimates the demand and releases a second final batch e.g. T2 T-800 comes to mind
There were a few more but hardly the norm. So the theory of scampers contributing to larger supply has hardly valid unless everyone does it ooops I think everyone does now :lol

:borg:

I wouldn't put it like that. How is it different from a guy who runs a toy shop. Orders 20 of these, Sells 10 for retail upon release and left the rest unsold for the next 3 months. Then suddenly the after market booms for double the price. Do you think the guy will sell it for retail still?

I wouldn't.

Dont make it right. So HT could hold half of it's production to create artificial lack of supply and then releases the other half through secondary market selling at double and you don't think that would pee you off? Like in everything if you keep the ethically wrong action at small enough scale it always seem acceptable but most don't bother taking it to a scale that is just the next step down and yet would be outrages. And that is why life is getting to what it has become just wrong

I wouldn't put it like that. How is it different from a guy who runs a toy shop. Orders 20 of these, Sells 10 for retail upon release and left the rest unsold for the next 3 months. Then suddenly the after market booms for double the price(HT Wolverine etc). Do you think the guy will sell it for retail still? Do we criticise him for ''hoarding'' the toys in the first place?

I wouldn't.

If Nash was making a living selling toys, then you would have a point.

But it sounds like he isn't making a living from selling toys and is just out to make a quick extra buck at the expense of the kinds of folks not known for being that wealthy.

Plus I dare say that a shop owner would not come on to a message board and boast about how much profit he would make! ;)

It's ok. As long as HT dont make another wrong colored MIII :lol. Looking at MIII BD and all Marks after I am hopefull that OT won't happen :p
Like I said there are screengrabs of both. And as for gloss look at your close up of MII and the full body screen grabs few pages back

Not a fan of scalping, but the only way to do something about it is to refuse to pay the crazy price tags. I don't care about reissues mainly for this reason, even if I own what's being reissued. 'Limited Edition' is a hollow buzz word that needs to die in the modern collecting world.

Like I said, if everyone preorders the amount they want, there would not be a problem. It's those who did not pre-order are causing the shortage.
The scenario of HT withholdíng production has huge flaws. If everybody recieved theirs through pre-order and there's another half withheld to secondary market, would that not saturate the market with figures everyone already have. When there there is more figures unsold, wouldn't it cause the price and value to decrease due to oversaturation. If a product is sold less than retail in the after market, would't it look bad on the company hence might cause more collectors to hesitate from pre-ordering so they can get cheaper off the secondary market.

anyways the idea any company would meddle in the secondary market that way will totally destroy themselves if they get caught.

I wouldn't be so sure that the Ex has no cap, and is based entirely off pre-orders. If that was the case, SS would not sell out of their Hot Toys Ex orders up until a month or so before release --something that doesn't happen.

If Nash was making a living selling toys, then you would have a point.

But it sounds like he isn't making a living from selling toys and is just out to make a quick extra buck at the expense of the kinds of folks not known for being that wealthy.

Plus I dare say that a shop owner would not come on to a message board and boast about how much profit he would make! ;)

LOL. Now don't get me wrong Eamon, I can understand what you mean.
While the way Nash said it can look douchee( Chad I love you bro:peace) it cannot equate to the traditional scalping sense which I believe the crux of the problem is. There's nothing wrong in what he's doing(pre-ordering and selling) I think it's just the way he said it. I know Nash for more than 6 years and I know he is blunt with his words but he's a damn great guy. (Chad you can GIVE me one of those 5 right?:yess:)

Wait,what? I though that was exactly how our economy works.

LOL, that's capitalism alright!

Back to topic, I'm going to pre-order and hope for new Mark 1 and 3. The 3 have to be as good on the shelf with Mark 4 and 6. I just couldnt go for the BD despite the awesome intricacy.

It's ok. As long as HT dont make another wrong colored MIII :lol. Looking at MIII BD and all Marks after I am hopefull that OT won't happen :p
Like I said there are screengrabs of both. And as for gloss look at your close up of MII and the full body screen grabs few pages back

The gloss I was talking about on the Mark III not the II.

LOL, that's capitalism alright!

Back to topic, I'm going to pre-order and hope for new Mark 1 and 3. The 3 have to be as good on the shelf with Mark 4 and 6. I just couldnt go for the BD despite the awesome intricacy.

Has HT ever released a total repeat this long after the original figures were done? I know the Mark II was in IM2, so that gives them something of an excuse. To do MK I, they don't have that to go by, and it would undeniably be a rerelease.

Has HT ever released a total repeat this long after the original figures were done? I know the Mark II was in IM2, so that gives them something of an excuse. To do MK I, they don't have that to go by, and it would undeniably be a rerelease.

Well you do see the Mark I in his Hall Of Armor case in the background in Iron Man 2 so it's a loophole but could be an excuse to do it? People here are talking about a redo of the Mark III as well and that is more part 1 than part 2 as well. Once again, the MK III is seen in the background during Part 2.

It is a fact you cannot PO as many as you want and Hot Toys will make that many. Why do you think places sell out of PO when their allotment is met? Hot Toys will not make 50,000 of a figure even if the PO is there. So in a way, if you PO 100 of a figure from say BBTS and they only carry 500, then you are depriving teh other 99 people that otherwise would of gotten it.
But at the end of the day, it is the people's fault that they sit and think and think about PO, then it runs out and they are scrambling for one at retail price. Every thread in this forum has people like that.

Back