Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys new Mk II???

Weird thing is--it was awesome until HT outdid it with the BD Mark III and then Mark IV and VI figures. One day you'll probably be calling the Mark IV garbage, too.

:exactly: HT continues to raise the bar which is both a blessing and curse.
A blessing as the figures continue to get better and better.
A curse because in the terms of older characters the figures look dated.

In my case, either spend the money to upgrade to the newer version or keep the older dated figure. General rule is one figure per character.

Just look at this pic:

601_mkIV.jpg

Mark III it's garbage. The proportions, the paint and the head sculpt is off.

My GF saw one at display at the store one and even she commented on how bad it looked compared to the Mark IV.

I still love mine to this day, but just like Tony, I do feel that they're a bit outdated and the newer ones just make it look un-appealing, even though I felt like it couldn't get any better when he first came out.
DSC02338.jpg

I remember him being quite well received when he first came out.

There was still a lot of discussion about the waist and legs when it came out but the general consensus was still "flaws aside it's awesome". It had so many little moving parts and stuff that hadn't really been done before to that level of detail and scale. It was very impressive. I remember the flaps in particular being noteworthy.

Now when you look at the Mark VI the mechanical doodads on the Mark III like the flaps and wrist rockets look crude in comparison.

the pics are up on facebook this thing looks badass

The head looks a little small, but that could have just been the angle. Aside from that, very nice figure. Having missed out on the original Mark II, I'll have to pick this one up.

Now watch as the original Mark IIs flood the marketplace. :D

Looks great! I'll be getting one and its exactly what I thought that its from when they took it apart on the table. Or you could go with the B-Day scene if you so choose. I think when I get this I'll display it with the inner working exposed.

I like it but Im not a fan of how wide the shoulder plates are.
I also not a fan of the reuse of the MEch Test boots. They look way to big.

Looks generally fantastic, I agree the shoulder are still too big. Hopefully HT addresses it because everything else looks perfect. Even if they don't it looks so great otherwise I have to have it.

Looks generally fantastic, I agree the shoulder are still too big. Hopefully HT addresses it because everything else looks perfect. Even if they don't it looks so great otherwise I have to have it.

Def amust buy, this will look great next the Mk's I, IV, IV and evntually V.

Thing is with the shoulders it matches similary to how the armor looked in the movies. They didn't redesign it until the Mark IV.

can you guys tell what has been redesigned on this guy? Perhaps they changed the hips and torso?

Back