Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately no, I’ve modified it to be deeper.
It doesn’t fit properly in a simple Besta.

Damn that's disappointing to read. I was just thinking of the perfect place to put him. If he's too big for a Besta, it's the coffee table for him, with the Hulk AOU Maquette.

Is it possible to rub any of the 'mud' off?

Why can't their painters take more than 5 minutes to do black lines properly?!

Considering Sideshows history I don't think it's too bad. That one long line on the chest above the arc reactor is way too think, and I do wish the ones around the chin were better, but from the photos I think the rest are 'okay'.

Considering Sideshows history I don't think it's too bad. That one long line on the chest above the arc reactor is way too think, and I do wish the ones around the chin were better, but from the photos I think the rest are 'okay'.

Yeah, the chin is pretty bad on all we've seen.

I sold my MKVII and ended up buying again, the newer one had a much better chin.

Gotta say the base looks fantastic, almost as if it was done in a much better factory. Glad I got the Ex.

The other site shows how someone cleaned up the muddy boots using a pink eraser. The results were very good, and with little effort. Overall I think it looks pretty good, but for foreign buyers the price explodes, making pretty much all statue collecting a very expensive hobby.

Damn that's disappointing to read. I was just thinking of the perfect place to put him. If he's too big for a Besta, it's the coffee table for him, with the Hulk AOU Maquette.

15cbff6a5e010257c407169ebcaa6c9c.jpg

The other site shows how someone cleaned up the muddy boots using a pink eraser. The results were very good, and with little effort. Overall I think it looks pretty good, but for foreign buyers the price explodes, making pretty much all statue collecting a very expensive hobby.

His looks great, after a clean up...

k2nlIuT.jpg

That video showed off how much more mud the legs actually have instead of that abrupt transition we've been seeing in photos. Nice!

His looks great, after a clean up...

View attachment 422549

LOL!! Yeah that’s mine. I put the pink eraser on his shoulder :rotfl

Took 2/3 of the mud effect off the boots and about 1/3 of the excess battle damage off the thighs. Looks great now IMO. The rest of the paint job is pretty damn good and has a thick clear coat so no fear of removing the red or gold base coat with the eraser. If yours shows up with the ridiculous excess mud on the boots just do the same.

Took 2/3 of the mud effect off the boots and about 1/3 of the excess battle damage off the thighs. Looks great now IMO. The rest of the paint job is pretty damn good and has a thick clear coat so no fear of removing the red or gold base coat with the eraser. If yours shows up with the ridiculous excess mud on the boots just do the same.

Congrats man. Really nice pic! I bet it’s even more awesome in person. So that eraser job worked out well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be sourcing a big eraser tomorrow.
Good job and thanks for confirming it can be cleaned up.

Congrats man. Really nice pic! I bet it’s even more awesome in person. So that eraser job worked out well
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, a simple pink eraser does the trick.

I'll be sourcing a big eraser tomorrow.
Good job and thanks for confirming it can be cleaned up.

Here's mine after removing a lot of the excess mud, I stopped at this point since it started to blend more naturally with the leg area, but you can remove as much of the mud effect as you like with no risk of removing the red paint.

IMG_8750.jpg

Liking this guy more and more...I cleaned up some of the excess black and dirt with the eraser, very helpful tip!

3ca86f0942d1adb3997c9b2e29b1f73f.jpg

f5d6eced82eb2d78ee354b737bbaf065.jpg

This actually looks fricking great, very happy to be getting this again!

Thank you aa909 for the helpful tip and restoring my excitement!

I am loving these pics! Seems like the paint is solid and the boots are an easy fix! Definitely great for those that missed out on the Mark VI back in the day. I would be ordering this for sure if I didn't already have that one.

Back