Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is (from those pics) that there is no transition whatsoever from the dirty/muddy boots to the clean lower leg/shin armor as there was in the proto pics. There should also be some dirt on his shin armor as it transitions up from the feet to the lower part of the legs. Also, there is just waaay too much dirt/mud on his feet to begin with.
It is just jarring the way it is in those production pics.

You nailed it! Honestly, does Sideshow has any, ANY quality control over their products? You could hire a half blind man to inspect these and even he would be "Uh, this **** ain't right, it doesn't match". How can this statue make it all the way to the customers looking like that?

You nailed it! Honestly, does Sideshow has any, ANY quality control over their products? You could hire a half blind man to inspect these and even he would be "Uh, this **** ain't right, it doesn't match". How can this statue make it all the way to the customers looking like that?
Yeah it really seems like a simple, "hey go easy the brown on his feet. That first one you did is too heavy."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What's the reasoning behind this being called a maquette? Their magneto and rogue I can see the difference but this is just a standard PF?

What's the reasoning behind this being called a maquette? Their magneto and rogue I can see the difference but this is just a standard PF?
It's really just a word. Premium Format. Maquette. Same thing now.

Originally it was movie related pieces that were actually produced during development & production of a film, that those pieces were classified as a Maquette.

However I don't know if this particular sculpt is a Sideshow original or by someone from the Iron Man development team.

Sideshow has essentially misused the term in my opinion.

I find it strange that they canceled my Ex waitlist only a few weeks after it sold out. With all these cancellations I’m sure ppl that ordered after will have theirs go through. It’s strange but in some way, I’m not sad at it by these early photos. Mark 6 still seems to be king

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark 6 is an amazing statue. It could easily be dethroned but sideshow keeps screwing up.

nowadays ppl should know wait till in hand pics come out before you order...SS prototypes are almost always way better than what they actually put out.

Originally it was movie related pieces that were actually produced during development & production of a film, that those pieces were classified as a Maquette.

However I don't know if this particular sculpt is a Sideshow original or by someone from the Iron Man development team.

Sideshow has essentially misused the term in my opinion.

What I was thinking

The Mark 6 piece was done exceptionally well. The Mark 3 has a big job on its hand to beat it. My theory it won’t. However at this price point it is supposed too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have faith in SS. There have been some QC nightmares in the past, but my statues were still perfect. I definitely wouldn’t cancel this one before I got it in my own hands.

I still have faith in SS. There have been some QC nightmares in the past, but my statues were still perfect. I definitely wouldn’t cancel this one before I got it in my own hands.

Will you be able to cancel after it's in your hands?
You think we can get a full refund if the dust effect looks bad?

Back