Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool piece. Needs some help, they overdid the dust/dirt and some of the battle damage, but overall a great addition.

46b7cb38859d2c1b88f43ba263a4376f.jpg

I partially regret taking an eraser to some of the battle damage, or rather to the dirt and mud effect. As the places that I used it are far more glossy than the rest of the figure. And honestly other than the boots I didn’t really mind the original effect.

I partially regret taking an eraser to some of the battle damage, or rather to the dirt and mud effect. As the places that I used it are far more glossy than the rest of the figure. And honestly other than the boots I didn’t really mind the original effect.

I did not alter it and I don't much mind the somewhat overdone muck. The only thing that really bothers me about this otherwise terrific statue is the lack of arc reactor detail.

I suppose if I was to quibble the overall paint job is not as sharp as a Hot Toys die-cast figure but that was no surprise.

Water down a light tan acrylic. Make a thin wash and tinker. You can wipe it off it you don't like the results.

I'm really unsure as whether to keep this one or keep the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III Deluxe Edition? I can only really pick one with my current budget and have both on pre-order. https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-iii-deluxe-version-hot-toys-903412 I feel like the details on the arc reactor on the Hot Toys edition really makes the difference.

Hot Toys always have better details.

And even though I’m all in on statues, honestly I would probably get rid of my Sideshow Mark 3 Maquette, Iron Studios Mark 43 and Mark 46 well before the Hot Toys 1/4 scale Mark 43. That thing is a personal favourite; I just wish it had a statue like base.

And in my case I’m getting the Hot Toys Mark 3 1/4 scale as well, so luckily I don’t need to choose.

Out of curiosity could i see an image of your Hot Toys 1/4 scale next to your Sideshow Iron Man Maquette? Curious to how it stacks up next to each other.

Out of curiosity could i see an image of your Hot Toys 1/4 scale next to your Sideshow Iron Man Maquette? Curious to how it stacks up next to each other.

Are you asking about the Mark 3 Hot Toys as that hasn’t released yet? I only have the Mark 43 version.

But in either case, I don’t think any photo I would take, would be good enough.

Are you asking about the Mark 3 Hot Toys as that hasn’t released yet? I only have the Mark 43 version.

But in either case, I don’t think any photo I would take, would be good enough.

Hi, yep i meant the Mark 43 Hot Toys next to the Mark 3 Maquette :)

My waitlist for this converted. How does this look with the comic statues? I mainly collect the comic PFs. Looking to mix it in but not sure if it'll look out of place

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back