Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit: warning wall of text.

I buy from sideshow because sadly in the US they are the only company. Sadly I can't afford the shipping from over seas nor can I afford the import tax.
So my options are
1) buy second hand at an increased price but know I'm getting a decent statue.
2) stop collecting all togeather until I can afford to buy from over seas.
3) buy sideshow and hope that I actually get a decent piece.

1)I have actually started buying some second hand statues and have been very pleased.
2) I have slowed down on collecting due to the increase in prices everywhere. Still can get an ok deal.every now and then. I actually started back up on collecting bronze and silver age comics. Just got iron Man 1 back from cgc at 6.0.
3) sideshow releases decent statues rvery now and than. And I dont want to stop collecting so if I do buy sideshow I have very low expectations of actually getting a decent statue. But it's like buying booster packs of magic card. It could be that 1 pack or statue that is absolutely amazing.

Thanks on throne is hands down one of the best thanos statues on the market. Sadly I received 2 defective statues which I posted pictures on these forums. Some of the issues I might have been a little too picky one but the light bleed on the gauntlet was horrid and the base of the chair was cracked. Not keeping a statue that lost 50% value due to damage from either shipping or the factory. Who would keep any product for a 50% loss? Car's are the expection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Edit: warning wall of text.

I buy from sideshow because sadly in the US they are the only company. Sadly I can't afford the shipping from over seas nor can I afford the import tax.
So my options are
1) buy second hand at an increased price but know I'm getting a decent statue.
2) stop collecting all togeather until I can afford to buy from over seas.
3) buy sideshow and hope that I actually get a decent piece.

1)I have actually started buying some second hand statues and have been very pleased.
2) I have slowed down on collecting due to the increase in prices everywhere. Still can get an ok deal.every now and then. I actually started back up on collecting bronze and silver age comics. Just got iron Man 1 back from cgc at 6.0.
3) sideshow releases decent statues rvery now and than. And I dont want to stop collecting so if I do buy sideshow I have very low expectations of actually getting a decent statue. But it's like buying booster packs of magic card. It could be that 1 pack or statue that is absolutely amazing.

Thanks on throne is hands down one of the best thanos statues on the market. Sadly I received 2 defective statues which I posted pictures on these forums. Some of the issues I might have been a little too picky one but the light bleed on the gauntlet was horrid and the base of the chair was cracked. Not keeping a statue that lost 50% value due to damage from either shipping or the factory. Who would keep any product for a 50% loss? Car's are the expection.

If you’ve returned 15 of 16 SS statues, perhaps instead buy 7 XM statues with the shipping included. Or switch to buying P1 only. Sounds like you just need to pay more for the quality you expect.

I’m also surprised SS hasn’t banned you from buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’ve returned 15 of 16 SS statues, perhaps instead buy 7 XM statues with the shipping included. Or switch to buying P1 only. Sounds like you just need to pay more for the quality you expect.

I’m also surprised SS hasn’t banned you from buying.

Now that sideshow is selling Iron Studios I may try and pick up one of those and see how it goes. Its not so much the quality I expect, I don't ask for much just a statue with no light bleeding issues. The ones I've received couldn't be displayed with the lights on. I mean the mark 42 lift size bust looked like a disco ball. One of the mark 7 LSF looked like he was smiling.

I just don't see the point is spending x$ for a statue that can't be displayed correctly.

Again small paint issues or some small scrape's that can't really be seen. No problem at all as they are hand done so not every brush strokes is going to be perfect so I can accept that.

Hopefully Popcultcha gets the regular relatively early like they did with the recent Wolverine PF, as it's usually a month or two after the Ex ships that we normally get them. Popcultcha got the Wolverine regular a week after Sideshow started shipping them out to the Pacific regions, but before the Ex was shipped to US residents.

The piece does look awesome. If the production piece is as good as the prototype then you will be in good hands. $680 is really high priced though.

The piece does look awesome. If the production piece is as good as the prototype then you will be in good hands.

To me the production doesn’t look as great as that prototype. But still have faith it will do well

Ooooooh, this is going to be very telling. I haven't seen SSC pull off a decent IM statues since the mark VI maquette. Lets see if they've learned from their mistakes...

Back