IRON MAN 1:1 Questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard Rock Cafe

Freaked Out
Reaction score
sorry if any of these have been asked before...but I have some questions regarding this INCREDIBLE BUST!!

1) how much is shipping costs typically for USA?

2) is this Bust going to be a Limited Edition?

3) is it a good investment? something you can hand down to the kids later down the road?

1. Probably $35-$40.00 direct from Sideshow
2. It is an open edition, but is still limited.
3. Who knows.

Wow, I'm surprised SS isn't offering free shipping on this one.

Yeah, I'll be waiting for some eventual deal sales on this piece after the hype and excitement wears off :D

2) open edition, There could be 10,000 limited edition of these puppies being made...who knows.
3) it's a statue. the kids or yourself could drop it and break it as mishap can happen. Investment? not sure what you mean by investment. You're better off putting the money into a fund and get better return if that's what you mean by investment.

2) is this Bust going to be a Limited Edition?

3) is it a good investment? something you can hand down to the kids later down the road?

I would assume that eventually this will retain value, but the initial price is just too high for most collectors - of course the first few on eBay will garner early success.

Not for me, I would prefer the 1:1 based on the comics.

I wished they offered free shipping, but it's probably going to cost around $35-$40.00 direct from Sideshow like Bannister posted earlier.

Of course it's going to be limited.

Why does collecting always have to be associated with investment? Buy it if you like it. I love Iron Man and that's why I'm getting it. I would prefer a Comic version, but that's not happening right now, so I have to make due. I say you shouldn't buy it because you have the wrong reason to but this piece.

Last edited:
700 is alot, looks like it should be more like 450-500.. Seems like glutany to me to buy it outright.. I can easily wait and watch..

Amen! I think this is the most expensive 1:1 bust I've seen!!! More detailed bust such as 1:1 Venom or 1:1 Darth Maul were worth their retail value, but this one I cannot see it being worth $700! I mean, it's a GREAT looking bust but I just really can't justify the super fine detail to make it worth $700. I'm almost positive that SS was hoping that the great success of the film would help buyers purchase this... But I'm still not sold on it..... Yet at least ;)

A friend of mine is a Sideshow reseller, and I can pre-order one through him for $600, but even at that, I'm still debating. That's a LOT of money for a new collectible.

As for the edition size, my friend tells me that they are set to close the edition size soon and that he believes it will be relatively low. According to him, the pre-orders have been lower than expected. But we'll see....

You guys will be sorry for passing on this bust. Not only was it made in collaboration with Stan Winston studios, it's also just down right awesome. The items without a firm ES usually skyrocket in value the most. So don't be whining when you are looking for this bust and the cheapest one you can find is listed for 2 grand. :D

Plus the only way you will find this bust for cheap is if somebody is willing to sell you theirs for cheap... don't really see that happening. If someone is willing to pay $700 initially for this then they really want it and will definitely hold on to it.

Back