IPad Mini

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SepticFlesh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well...I searched these forums for this particular question and item I may purchase but have found very little. I am thinking about purchasing the new IPad Mini. So far going by what I have seen on the Internet, this little fun Internet device looks awesome. The only downfall that I have been hearing is that the screen is pretty horrible looking as it does not have a Retina Display like all of the other newer generation IPods and a resolution at 163ppi (1024 x 768). So tell me...in person is the screen really that horrible?

...for my needs such as Internet browsing and downloading music I think it is perfect...but are there any owners or prior owners of the new IPad Mini here that care to comment on the IPad Mini.

There is a rumor that the IPad Mini 2 will be released in March 15, 2013 with a Retina Display.
If this is the case then I think it would be better to wait for the newer version to come out being that this is only a few Months away.

Any advice or opinions on the IPad Mini will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Your post is very long and uninteresting so I skimmed it. Just being honest. If you have a 4s the mini will be disappointing. No retina display and you will notice. Get yourself a 3 at least. :lecture

Your post is very long and uninteresting so I skimmed it. Just being honest. If you have a 4s the mini will be disappointing. No retina display and you will notice. Get yourself a 3 at least. :lecture

No need to apologize...I do seriously have OCD pretty bad sometimes it can get the best of me, lol.

Anyway when you say 3 I assume you are talking about the regular IPad correct?
I have not been keeping up with the current IPads so I will have to read up on them to see what there latest model is.
Thanks. :)

No need to apologize...I do seriously have OCD pretty bad sometimes it can get the best of me, lol.

Anyway when you say 3 I assume you are talking about the regular IPad correct?
I have not been keeping up with the current IPads so I will have to read up on them to see what there latest model is.
Thanks. :)

Get the iPad with the retina display. Not the newest one. Get the cheaper version.

My brother sells these and owns a regular Ipad. I don't remember which one, but he said he would never recommend the mini over a regular Ipad.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will be ordering the regular IPad with the Retina display. Yes already having the retina display on my IPhone 4S I would not be satisfied with anything less. So I guess the IPad w/retina display is the way to go. :cool:

Just noticed how pricey these are so I will be holding off until I get paid next Month. Guess my Christmas gift to myself will have to come a little late. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah the price is what is holding me back on getting one. I'll get an Ipad one of these days, but right now is not the time

Yeah the price is what is holding me back on getting one. I'll get an Ipad one of these days, but right now is not the time

Yes the prices are definately ridiculous...but still I will get one eventually. At least the longer we wait, the better they will be once we have our hands on one as technology especially with the IPod related products seem to get better a little too fast IMO.
I still have my IPhone 4S which I absolutely love and am not going to update this thing until it either breaks, or I am completely blown away with a newer version Iphone. The iPhone 5 looks cool and all...but nothing groundbreaking to make me want to update.

My parents have the newest Ipad and I have the mini and the iPhone 5. I love my mini it's the perfect size for me for surfing Internet, playing games and watching movies. My wife has a mini and loves it too!

I guess I am going to have to go to either Best Buy or an Apple store so I can see one in person. I have already owned a regular sized IPad for a short while and thought it was pretty nice...but at the time I really needed something larger like a PC so I sent it back.
I like the smaller size of the mini...I have time I need to save money up.

You still getting the Kindle Fire HD?

I believe so! Might not be for Christmas, but my birthday is a couple weeks later so Ill probably end up buying one with the money I receive. Everything I have heard about the Kindle is loads better than anything around its price.

I believe so! Might not be for Christmas, but my birthday is a couple weeks later so Ill probably end up buying one with the money I receive. Everything I have heard about the Kindle is loads better than anything around its price.

To be honest, it hasn't let me down.

I know this is an iPad mini thread but why not talk about all of people's options in it. This way we have more to go on. We love the quality of the KF HD. It's been great. We are considering buying one of those 'hot spot' gadgets so we always have internet on the go. But when we're at home, even if we are in a room with 2 bars, we still get great video quality from Netflix and HBO Go.

I am sure the iPads all are just as amazing. Some of us just can't afford as expensive, or some of us choose not to.

Anyone have a Nexus tablet? Or the new Nook HD?

Nexus 10 is pretty great, only issue is that even though it's Android it doesn't support all the Android apps, I haven't checked recently but it doesn't support HBO Go or Xbox Smartglass.

The apps it does support are great though, reading on there is really nice after using a phone.

To be honest, it hasn't let me down.

I know this is an iPad mini thread but why not talk about all of people's options in it. This way we have more to go on. We love the quality of the KF HD. It's been great. We are considering buying one of those 'hot spot' gadgets so we always have internet on the go. But when we're at home, even if we are in a room with 2 bars, we still get great video quality from Netflix and HBO Go.

I am sure the iPads all are just as amazing. Some of us just can't afford as expensive, or some of us choose not to.

Anyone have a Nexus tablet? Or the new Nook HD?

Glad to hear you like it :hi5: I honestly haven't heard anything bad about the KF HD. Which is a great option if someone can't afford the Ipad which is me :lol

Back