Intrest in 1/6th Sports figures??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewme99

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Any thoughts? i'm a huge hockey fan and would love to see some of the greats new and old portrayed in 1/6 scale. do you think hot toys and the like would ever try to cater to the sports enthusiast? be it mlb,nba,nfl or (i can only dream) an nhl line? hell if anything can you imagine a slapshot hanson brothers with "battle damage" alt heads! i think they could capitalize on a huge market and branch out to a much larger crowd.

Pacquio , muhamad ali, sugar ray , and comes with half ring that would look so cool on a detolf....

I'd be all for it, but doubt it'll happen. I'm sure nowadays they could improve on stuff like this...

orrdoll75.jpg

That market would exist almost exclusively in the US, unless it was a line of figures that had global cache (ie Michael Jordan). I would buy a John McEnroe with smashed racquet accessory.

Yeah it would have to be a legend for me not current players. I dont really see it happening but HTs does make music figures so I guess it could happen someday.

I'd only be interested if they were early sports figures (1900-1960, mainly 1920s, 30s, 40s). Baseball, Football, that sort of thing. Just the outfits were pretty cool back then.

Sean

Pacquio , muhamad ali, sugar ray , and comes with half ring that would look so cool on a detolf....

Sheeet yes!, I would like a Pacquiao and a Muhamad, and even Tyson with an ear as an accessory. Hell I'd kill for an O.J Simpson (badum pish! :lol)

No thanks..way too many athletes to choose from, even if it was the best of the best...That would financially kill people...

Hot Toys will NEVER bother making Sports figures,they might do Ali sometime but that's it.

Hot Toys will NEVER bother making Sports figures,they might do Ali sometime but that's it.

OP did say 'Hot Toys and the like'... so people shouldn't focus on Hot Toys and what they won't do.

A 'Legends' line would be kind of cool and could be categorised by sport:

boxing
basketball
synchronised swimming etc.

I'd go for Pacquiao, Ali, and Jordan :)

Oh and Hulk Hogan...err Entertainment Wrestling is still sports, right? :D

the responses have been great! i feel that if a company took a legitimate stab at producing some iconic sports figures (ali was a great idea) they'd have a hit. look at what mcfarlane did with their line for example, granted in a much smaller affordable scale, i think it shows that the demand is there. i never thought a michael jackson figure would be produced, and it made me think if you can do jackson why not jordon?

Sadly it will end up just like the McFarlane SP's and it will be Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys and Favre's in every series.

I think it would be cool if legend of sports were done. It would be nice to see a Babe Ruth, Ali, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzsky, Carl Lewis, Jerry Rice, etc.

Back