How about some 1/6 Sports Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPGR_Thrawn

Grand Admiral
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Morning chaps,

Was thinking after seeing the Enterbay basketball figures that other sports are being neglected as well. Companies might be able to fill that gap.

My thought would be to create various 1/6 all stars from different sports, such as baseball. 1/6 *****, bats, gloves, etc. Hockey and football as well.

I wonder how expensive it would be for a company to acquire the rights to enable such a thing? But it would be a pretty cool niche in this hobby that I have not seen filled.

I'd like Tom Brady, Bobby Orr, Larry Bird, David Ortiz, and just about any Boston sports star.

I think they did a 1/6 Japanese baseball hall of famer already (white guy).

But I'd like to see a 1/6 pitcher Nolan Ryan or Tim Lincecum so I can pose them in different pitching stances.

That's opening a can of worms... I think it would have to be sports icons and only icons...

Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzsky
Babe Ruth
Mohammad Alli

They have to be larger than life

Raymond is right for the most part about sports stars having to be iconic, at least if they're to be taken on by a higher end company. Nobody outside the US and Japan cares about baseball. Nobody outside of Nth America cares about Nth American hockey. And definitely nobody outside of the US cares about NFL. The NBA is a global brand and some boxing greats would likely sell.

Back