Interesting Gamestop policy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Video game collecting isn't mainstream enough for most people to think that way. Gamestop has been destroying/not caring about cases for years.

Actually, they haven't. This is a new thing that they started doing fairly recently. they'd crud up cases with nasty stickers of course, but throwing them away is new.

You guys are b!&@$ing about the wrong subject. No one else pissed about the cases being thrown away!? I can't be the only collector here can I?

Just enjoy the mutual hate man.:peace

Although I am a game collector and won't touch a modern game unless it is CIB in good condition.

I used to get made fun by GS employee's for wanting new over used. For the $5 more I'll take a new copy thank you very much.

If they gave better discounts on used games I might have been swayed.

Also I have had 2 employees from different stores lie to me. One store told me that SF:4 3DS was discounted and I could only buy it used. I see them EVERYWHERE (including GS) brand new with new supply coming in all the time coming in.

The other was just a week ago same store on TMNT smash for the wii. Went over to Best Buy and bought a brand new sealed copy for $10.

I hope the game companies all go digitally fully and screw these doushebags over! :lecture

All digital? Bite your tongue. It wouldn't be much fun to collect digital files. As general rule, I don't care one way or the other about Gamestop. As long as I can say "no thanks" and buy somewhere else, I've never been bothered by their shenanigans. This "throw away" policy effects game collecting as a whole though.

It's a real shame IMO and in years to come, I think more people will be effected and have stronger opinions about it than they do now. One day, these new games will be retro collectible and the thought of dumpsters full of perfectly good game cases will bring a tear to collectors eyes.

All digital? Bite your tongue. It wouldn't be much fun to collect digital files. As general rule, I don't care one way or the other about Gamestop. As long as I can say "no thanks" and buy somewhere else, I've never been bothered by their shenanigans. This "throw away" policy effects game collecting as a whole though.

It's a real shame IMO and in years to come, I think more people will be effected and have stronger opinions about it than they do now. One day, these new games will be retro collectible and the thought of dumpsters full of perfectly good game cases will bring a tear to collectors eyes.

Especially when the digital copies cost the same as boxed copies--that's why I buy physical copies if I can, if I'm going to pay full price I want an actual disk and case.

It was so ridiculous like the Mass Effect 3 collectors edition was same cost as the physical copy yet it couldn't have things like the patch or the art print (a downloadable jpg isn't the same thing).

Especially when the digital copies cost the same as boxed copies--that's why I buy physical copies if I can, if I'm going to pay full price I want an actual disk and case.

It was so ridiculous like the Mass Effect 3 collectors edition was same cost as the physical copy yet it couldn't have things like the patch or the art print (a downloadable jpg isn't the same thing).

Agreed:hi5: I wasn't aware of that Mass Effect CE. Ridiculous.

Im not too concerned with the collecting aspect of it,but I agree with the argument of going completely digital. I prefer a physical disc/card than just downloading it to my gaming machine. The prices are the same, but they're making more profit on the digital sales because they don't have to produce or ship a physical product. Just upload and distribute.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Buying Digital is also more like renting the game then you owning it. I had bought a Mortal Kombat game digitally a few years ago, and wanted to play it again recently, but found out that PSN is no longer hosting the game files anymore. SO now I have nothing to show off for what I paid for.

Back