Interest for high-end 1/6 Star Trek figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy figures from any of the following?

• Total voters
Re: Would you buy high-end 1/6 Star Trek figures?

Most definitely TOS and the Reboot!

I missed out on the Reboot TRU figures (which were still not omg amazing) and would rather put the money it would take on ebay to gets them towards nicer figures.

A 'no' option would be illogical. No but seriously, for every 'yes' vote.. there would be ten 'no' votes. So there's no point in researching how many wouldn't buy.. it's enough to know how many are interested. Plus, you could only have 10 vote options. I agree that the question is formed for a yes and no reply. If I should change the title to be more appropriate so not to disappoint those who really felt like going in here just to vote 'no', please come with ideas, people.

:exactly:
There's 7 billion people on the planet, and only a small tiny fraction would buy high end 1:6 Star Trek OR high end 1:6 Star Wars for the matter. No point in providing a no option, they'll always outnumber the yeas.

I'd love the original series crew in the main uniforms (including Yeoman Rand and Nurse Chapel in that group).
From the films I'd want the main crew from Wrath (Checkoff in space suit), Kirk and Spock in space suits from TMP, Khan, Commander Kruge, and General Chang.

From the Next Gen movies I'd want the main crew in uniform from First Contact, Picard, and Worf in their space suits, The Borg Queen, a couple of different Borg, and Lursa and B'Etor from Generations.

From the new Trek movies I'd like the main cast in crew uniforms, Kirk and Sulu in their space dive suits, Kirk and Khan in their space suits from STID, Khan in his costume on Qunos, Gaila in uniform, and maybe Nero. I'd also like Kirk and Spock in the "space dive" suit they wore in the video game (I love that look).

From the TNG TV show, I'd want the main crew in their crew uniforms (the two piece suit after season 4) Tasha Yar, and Q.
DS9 I'd want too many to mention, The main cast, Gul Dukat, Gowron, General Martok, Weyoun, Female Changeling, Jem'Hadar soldier, Kor, Koloth, Kang. Also the DS9 crew in the TOS uniforms from Trials and Tribble-ations. Too many great characters on that show!

From Voyager I'd want the main crew in uniform (I'd probably skip on Kes) And from Enterprise all I'd want is T'Pol in skin tight uniform, Shran and Talas.
I'd probably buy others if they made them, but those are my must haves.

How's the new title? Come on native English speakers, help me out here. :lol

:exactly:
There's 7 billion people on the planet, and only a small tiny fraction would buy high end 1:6 Star Trek OR high end 1:6 Star Wars for the matter. No point in providing a no option, they'll always outnumber the yeas.

Exactly. The same goes for even the most popular franchises.

'From Which Star Trek Series, would you buy high-end 1/6 figures?'

..Tbh, most variations of the title can arguably justify a 'Do not wantz!' option, if someone is not a Trekkie.. I think it has to be a given, that if you are not into Star Trek, then not stating a choice, is the 'no' option.

Exactly. The same goes for even the most popular franchises.

Wow, it didn't even occur to me that English wasn't your first language.

This new title works just fine I think. Yeah you could still have people looking for a ''no interest at all'' option but so what, I don't think they'll lose sleep over not being able to vote.

Wow, it didn't even occur to me that English wasn't your first language.

:yess:

This new title works just fine I think. Yeah you could still have people looking for a ''no interest at all'' option but so what, I don't think they'll lose sleep over not being able to vote.

Yeah, they'll just have to live with it. :lol

If you want realy high end check out the Iminime custom 1/6 Trek figures they are insane.

Yeah those are great. Have their Spock figure on pre-order already. Looking forward to seeing their Kirk figure finished, the headsculpt looks promising! Hopefully they'll do some TOS and TNG figures as well. Those would fare better than the reboot figures imho.

For those who haven't seen them:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128999

New_Vulcan_First_Officer14_zps0aa04b31.jpg

New_Vulcan_First_Officer01_zps3ea59a20.jpg

548929_585862601478371_8684803_n.jpg

You ought to have a look at Spenser's thread in the Custom's Section. He's producing sculpts and uniforms for OS and OC movies,as well as Reboot Kirk and Khan pieces. His sculpts are generally very good, and the uni's are outstanding...PS

I've said it before but I've always thought a Data from First Contact would be cool. The way I'd want it would ideally be with two head sculpts ..... a Picard, Geordi, and Riker from either The Next Generation or from one of the films. Also would possibly be interested in Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Scotty preferably from the films (The Wrath of Khan style uniform) or from The Original Series.

Something like these?

9a5esume.jpg
y4a5yja6.jpg
asynamah.jpg
segapage.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nanjin's costumes are great, but I can't pull the trigger because I'm not digging the head sculpts.

I'd skip TOS, and go for Movie Original series Crew. Liked those uniforms better.

Next gen... possibly the same. DS9 was allwayas a favorite of mine. That's.. .about it.

My order of preference of what I'd buy:

TNG: All of the crew, if the likenesses were good (I'm looking at you, Dragon)
DS9: Select characters - Quark, Odo being the lead ones
VOY: Select characters - Captain Janeway being the one I'd want the most
Wrath: To be honest, I'd probably get the whole main crew, plus Khan and Saavik
TOS: Select characters - Maybe just the big three. But I don't know that I'd get both the Wrath figures and the TOS ones.

Back