Insurance for our collectables

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jutty

Super Freak
Reaction score
I did a quick search but didnt find anything,so i do apologize if this has been asked already..

Does anyone here have insurance strictly for their collectables?
I came across "Collectables insurance LLC".,,and was seriously considering getting this done..
Thoughts, advice??

I did a quick search but didnt find anything,so i do apologize if this has been asked already..

I came across "Collectables insurance LLC".,,and was seriously considering getting this done..
Thoughts, advice??

My homeowners insurance should cover it. it covers up to 150 grand for everything inside the apartment and all my furniture and collectibles is worth less. And they also insure based off value and not dollars spent, so if something happens i'll get what it's worth now.

Thoughts, advice??

I just renewed my Ins. with them and have been happy with them over the three years that I have had them covering my collection.

They are easy to deal with them unlike homeowners Ins. when it comes time to making a claim for your broken or damaged collectible, and they pretty much cover everything when it comes to protecting your collection.

I say give yourself some peace of mind especially when dealing with a large collection, and get yourself covered. Something breaks, no big deal it's covered and that also includes if you accidentally break your collectible yourself...you're covered there as well. Now that's having some peace of mind when it comes to your collection.

P.S.

They also cover current value of the statue not just want you paid for it at the time you bought the collectible.

When i moved over from the UK,the misses and i opted to buy one of them "modular" homes... ok so its not the best of homes,,but our house is completely paid for.
Our homeowners insurance will only cover $12000.00 personal property.

The collectables insurance site quoted me $61.00 per year,and that would cover $10000.00 .( burglary theft fire and act of god,, dunno if that refers to the misses though)

I think the only things that are not covered is like normal deterioration, color fading all that natural wear and tear of some displayed collectibles. The other things is the web-site pricing quote is usually wrong and you need to call them to get the right price for your area.

I work in a different area of insurance but have talked to those at home insurance companies and most require visual documentation and even an appraiser for you to be 100% protected for replacement value, etc.

Can't speak for all companies or different countries. Not to knock our hobby, but typically fine art collectibles must be appraised or itemized to get above and beyond the current market value. Depending on the company, they may not classify them as fine art. That being said anything can be insured if you pay the premium. Just ensure you know the what ifs?

Can't speak for all companies or different countries. Not to knock our hobby, but typically fine art collectibles must be appraised or itemized to get above and beyond the current market value. Depending on the company, they may not classify them as fine art. That being said anything can be insured if you pay the premium. Just ensure you know the what ifs?

:goodpost:

What it says on the site is that this particular company specializes in Toys,as well as comics ,dolls, taxidermy :dunno ,ltd ed items,,etc etc.. .
Nice to know that there s company's out there that do offer this type of insurance.

I don't know if you have gotten your insurance yet, but I think this is the one that you're talking about and this is my insurance carrier as well...

https://www.collectinsure.com/

Don't think any of these other members commenting use these guys, but these guys are by far the best on the market when it come to this type of insurance.

I don't know if you have gotten your insurance yet, but I think this is the one that you're talking about and this is my insurance carrier as well...

https://www.collectinsure.com/

Don't think any of these other members commenting use these guys, but these guys are by far the best on the market when it come to this type of insurance.

Yup thats exactly the one i was looking at :)

@The Craw..thanks for the links

Back