Inked Daleks new DOCTOR WHO "Fourth Doctor" mod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img0146nb.jpg

img0148c.jpg

p3270143.jpg

p3270142.jpg

p3270137.jpg

Quick paint up
I need to get a better camera
this one is crappy with colors.

Very nice job Tek you sure are getting an awesome 1/6th doctor collection together.

Tekkaman
Beautiful. Makes me want a Tennant sculpt now.

Anyway, fast update.
All heads prepped & primed. Hope to get the base coats done tomorrow. Also sitting on a bit of a surprise as well as far as the painting goes.

Honestly, once primed, this sculpt goes beyond words. Insanely clean & smooth. Hope to get my beautiful Barlow Pertwee done as well.

Tennant, did I say Tennant? Damn, I really need to get one of those heads. Anyone got a spare? I've already got a suit, trenchcoat ready. Please

Can't wait to see Bud:naughty

Better Images

I hate that I have to trick my camera into taking good pictures

p3280138.jpg

p3280149.jpg

Colors are much closer, but you still can't see the pink in his cheeks.

Last edited:
Tekkaman, thanks

I really want to get one from the licensed fig & repaint it. I was just looking at Ada's & prefer the smoothness of the vinyl piece.

Anyone want to trade a Tennant for painting? If not I can send cash.

Pretty please, just watching the good Doc now

Oops, forgot. Those new images show of a great sculpt painted up beautifully. Jaw dropping work. Inspired & well executed.

These are beautiful !!!!!

I needs some grinnin Tom heads myself :) !!!

Wonderful !

These are beautiful !!!!!

I needs some grinnin Tom heads myself :) !!!

Wonderful !

Hey man, thanks.
Your heads should be their in a couple of weeks.
Now we need your serious Tom to go along with these.:naughty
Patiently waiting with bells on.:drool

A giant moose came to my door from Canada and delivered my heads today, eh? Beauty!

They are flawless and look absolutely amazing! Can't wait to get this guy together!

Left feedback, bro!

-Rick :banana:banana:banana

You all are gonna love this. Began applying the base flesh, everybody's turned out except mine. I found a funky sandy patch so decided to fine sand it off. Tried to blend it back in & nope. Looks like s&@t. So I gotta strip mine.

Very pleased with the base color though. Tom has a slightly pinky undertone.

Oh man, I love this sculpt

If there's gonna be a mishap, better mine than any of yours. See, look at the good side.

Hat : No Hat

Gruff Old Bear 1 hatted : 1 no hat - received
knucklefunger 1 hatted : no hat -received
bcm77 1 hatted : 1 no hat in the talented hands of knucklefunger
milo1164 1 hatted 1 no hat received
uriah10 1 hatted : 1 no hat - received
vikkitx 1 hatted -received
MiskatonicNick 1 hatted : 1 no hat - shipped
Tekkaman Blade 1 hatted - received
BillyB 1 hatted : 1 no hat shipped
William Shatners Toupee 1 hatted : 1 no hat received
tjg 1 hatted - received
2000man 1 hatted : 1 no hat received
thedarkknight 1 hatted -received
menlojones 1 hatted -shipped

pixletwin 1 hatted :1 no hat

List update with casts received up to yesterday.

Last edited:
Quick update on the painting folks

Hat versions are based in, clear coats drying. Tonight I hope to get something special added before progressing on to the layering of skin tones.

Couldn't sleep last night so stayed up getting screen caps to get the flesh tones correct. Insomnia, does have it's advantages.

Update
Hat is complete (with a surprise)
Tonight, on to first of several layers of skin tones.

This really is a joy to paint. Both subject & quality. Up there with Z, Barlow & Spencer's casts.

Cannot wait to get back to them tonight. I've never had this much fun in a while painting. You know it's good when you can't get enough. Kinda like Z's Punishers.

Update
Working on the shading. Things went well until...
noticed an unusual slightly sandy looking patch on a hatless version. Guess what? More talk from the rubber gloves I use. So, tomorrow, strip the paint with wiper fluid & begin again.

I don't want these pieces to look just good, I really want to nail it. The casts are just outstanding. Just looking at some of the first 4 layers of shading & MAN ALIVE! A smooth piece such as this really turns out well.

More tomorrow

Update.
Most skin tones are done. Just need to add the blush areas, then begin the detail work such as skin mottling, eyes etc. Then on to & finally, the hair.

HOWEVER
Need to re do the hatless ones again. Not a big deal, but a little setback. Will try to get on this tonight/tomorrow.

Really want to see these done & assembled. Curious as to how the will all vary. as far as complete tricked out pieces.

Cheers everyone for allowing me to do these up

Update
Further shading applied. I tend to have several in order to get the smoothness I want. Blush areas complete. Now for subtle mottling of the skin.

Hope to get to the eye's teeth & hair this week as well

Already gone through 2 cans of clear coat. Shows you how much I use. Typically 1 lasts 2 heads, maybe.

Back