Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I know I enjoyed the movie...

It's no Raiders, but I will be getting it on DVD, and that sweet soundtrack boxset too...

I think I speak for most Indiana Jones fans when I say this past summer was a confusing time for us. As thrilling as it was to see Harrison Ford don the hat and snap the whip once more a lot of us were a bit underwhelmed. Maybe we were set up to be disappointed. Maybe Shia swinging through trees wasn’t as silly as it seemed it May. Okay, yes it was. It was kind of horrible.

BUT nearly $800 million in box office receipts attests to our collective interest in the continuing adventures of the world’s most famous fictional archaeologist. MTV spoke exclusively to Harrison Ford for our special year-end Thanksgiving series and of course we had to pick his brain about a fifth potential adventure.

Here’s how the conversation went:

MTV: Is a fifth Indiana Jones film inevitable?

Ford: I don’t know. If we come up with a good idea…

MTV: Is the ball in George’s court at this point?

Ford: It is. That’s the process. With some general input he goes off and searches for the MacGuffin and then stumbles into a story. And at some point we have a chance to take a look at and give some input.

MTV: And he hasn’t found the MacGuffin yet?

Ford: No, we’re still in the primary stages.

MTV: The end of the last film leaves your character in a very intriguing position. He has a wife and a kid. Can he still be that man of adventure with those commitments?

Ford: And he’s seen something. Remember those are the only witness to what he’s seen. That’s kind of interesting.

I just re-watched it for the first time today... still enjoyed the movie and like painful parts of the PT the dumb parts of the movie hurt less and its easier to watch. Still a lot of stuff (like the monkeys) that should have been left out, but not a write-off movie like the Matrix sequels.

On repeat viewings, I find most of it a bore.

In fact the only sequence I watch with standard Indy enthusiasm is the jungle chase up through the ants and Dovchenko's death.

I don't like Last Crusade much either, but the comedy between father and son and the Brody bits really helps hold my attention when things slow down. Seems like a lot more action too. Skull's biggest problem is the lack of an engaging character beyond Indy. Thus, it has a lot of slow parts. Other than the opening and the jungle chase, there's really not much else. I don't count the languid motorcycle chase nor the tepid gravedigger scene as action scenes. They should have done a lot more with Mutt and Indy sparring over their protective place of Marion, and a lot more banter where Indy finds himself quickly sounding like his father. That humor could have gone a long way in adding some character depth, charm and amusement this film lacks.

does anyone know if the hat is removable on the Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

i really liked it. i wouldnt say i loved it like the older films but i still very much enjoy it. its neat seeing indy in the 50's and all that bizarre stuff. the film looks GREAT on blu ray, just so clear. only thing i feel bad about is i paid 40 bucks for the blu ray when i could have gotten it used for 17 bucks.:monkey4

You need an emoticon that shows the horse as nothing but bones and/or ash at this point. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Sadly.

205522085_b65e84b8d0.jpg

A quick story. My mom has been battling cancer and a number of other health problems for over 5 years. She only leaves the house to go see doctors, and gets very depressed at times. One night when my wife and I were visiting, I slipped a dvd of the just released KOTCS trailer that I had burned into their player. After the trailer ran, my mom asked, "are we all going when it comes out?"

We were at our local theater on opening night, my mom, dad, my wife and myself, and we all loved it. Mom and dad were "greasers" in the '50's, and they had a ball with the whole Eisenhower-era vibe. My wife cried when Indy and Marion got married, and I went nuts with "THE NAKED JUNGLE" ants' appearance. We all had a great family-night out at the movies.

I thank George, Steven, and Harrison with all my heart.

A quick story. My mom has been battling cancer and a number of other health problems for over 5 years. She only leaves the house to go see doctors, and gets very depressed at times. One night when my wife and I were visiting, I slipped a dvd of the just released KOTCS trailer that I had burned into their player. After the trailer ran, my mom asked, "are we all going when it comes out?"

We were at our local theater on opening night, my mom, dad, my wife and myself, and we all loved it. Mom and dad were "greasers" in the '50's, and they had a ball with the whole Eisenhower-era vibe. My wife cried when Indy and Marion got married, and I went nuts with "THE NAKED JUNGLE" ants' appearance. We all had a great family-night out at the movies.

I thank George, Steven, and Harrison with all my heart.

Best Review of KOTCS. EVER! And it really gets to the heart of why we all love Indy so much. Thanks for sharing TBP.

:rock :rock :rock

i really liked it. i wouldnt say i loved it like the older films but i still very much enjoy it. its neat seeing indy in the 50's and all that bizarre stuff. the film looks GREAT on blu ray, just so clear. only thing i feel bad about is i paid 40 bucks for the blu ray when i could have gotten it used for 17 bucks.:monkey4

I didn't. I checked out when the alien body in the bag showed up. funny thing was, I had thoughts of breakin the disc eventhough it was a burned copy! :sick

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 7.5/10

Just finished watching all four Indy movies (chronologically according to the years the stories take place starting with TOD) this week. KOTCS did a nice job of closing out the series. It actually plays better with a fresh watching of the previous films than as a stand-alone picture IMO. The series did feel a bit long in the tooth by the time I got to KOTCS, but it was still fun and even with the absurdity of the fridge and the monkeys it really wasn't offensive in any way (it certainly didn't weaken the character like we saw in TLC.)

I really love the look of the alien chamber and the design of the skeletons, and it was neat that only Indy stood in the foreground as the ship departed at the end. A totally unnecessary movie but a fun epilogue to one of cinema's great icons.

Khev said:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 7.5/10

Just finished watching all four Indy movies (chronologically according to the years the stories take place starting with TOD) this week. KOTCS did a nice job of closing out the series. It actually plays better with a fresh watching of the previous films than as a stand-alone picture IMO. The series did feel a bit long in the tooth by the time I got to KOTCS, but it was still fun and even with the absurdity of the fridge and the monkeys it really wasn't offensive in any way (it certainly didn't weaken the character like we saw in TLC.)

I really love the look of the alien chamber and the design of the skeletons, and it was neat that only Indy stood in the foreground as the ship departed at the end. A totally unnecessary movie but a fun epilogue to one of cinema's great icons.

But what if INDY V actually gets made? :google

Back