Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where was that confirmed?

(Not that it's anything close to a surprise, anyway--and I hope that it's revealed early in the story and not dragged out as a third act "surprise" that we all saw coming from miles away.)

Where was that confirmed?

(Not that it's anything close to a surprise, anyway--and I hope that it's revealed early in the story and not dragged out as a third act "surprise" that we all saw coming from miles away.)

Lucas referred to him as Indy's son explicitly in the EW article.

Okay, I just saw a BRAND NEW TV spot that is freakin' awesome (it pays to watch Nickelodeon with the kids sometimes). There was some new footage and dialogue (including a quip between Indy and Spalko) and it ended with a shot of Indy swinging a shovel toward the camera.

I'm beyond stoked! :rock :rock :rock

But this TV spot online NOW Paramount!!! :tap

Okay, I just saw a BRAND NEW TV spot that is freakin' awesome (it pays to watch Nickelodeon with the kids sometimes). There was some new footage and dialogue (including a quip between Indy and Spalko) and it ended with a shot of Indy swinging a shovel toward the camera.

I'm beyond stoked! :rock :rock :rock

But this TV spot online NOW Paramount!!! :tap

25MB high-res TIVO version uploaded to SendSpace thanks to one of our friends over on TheRaider boards!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ofrwk8

:rock

...just look for the little orange arrow pulsing at the bottom of the page for the download link. It's called 'videospot2.avi'

The plot will be spoiled when people start getting early copies of the novel and comic in mid-late April. That's when I leave the SPOILER forums until the movie comes out. The closer we get to the actual release of a movie, the LESS I want to know.

It's been 19 years since an INDY film. To me, it makes zero sense to want to spoil it when the film is a matter of days away.

If I'm highly anticipating a movie, I actually enjoy it more if I've "spoiled" it. I don't really consider the movie spoiled for me though, I like to think of it as "knowing what to expect." Going into a movie totally blank can sometimes result in disappointment, because you might not see what you were expecting. I like knowing what's going to happen. I've just always enjoyed movies more that way. To each his own though.

I know my Lost Journal has shipped and I'll have it today or tomorrow. I've got an auto copy coming from Indy shop on the KOTCS Novel.

IS it time to abandon the spoiler threads yet? A healthy amount of spoilage is fine with me, but it seems like once the books start shipping we will get 100% of the plot out there and I want to avoid it.

And I don't want to find out by accident by coming into a thread and finding out too late that somebody is ruining the ending...

Its pretty close to time 4 me. I'm not even gonna read the novel until after I see the movie.

IS it time to abandon the spoiler threads yet? A healthy amount of spoilage is fine with me, but it seems like once the books start shipping we will get 100% of the plot out there and I want to avoid it.

And I don't want to find out by accident by coming into a thread and finding out too late that somebody is ruining the ending...

Yes, I would say it's about time... especially since people are now starting to get the regular edition of The Ultimate Guide and it features visual spoilers galore. Then there are things like the new KOTCS calendar and the umpteen new KOTCS images that OfficialPix is unveiling on 5/1. To say nothing of the real likelihood that some folks will get their hands on the novelization any day now...

Warning! I'm at barnes and noble right now and they gave tons if The Ultimate Guide. I decided to turn to one random page. Dumb idea... Terrible terrible visual spoiler. :(

I'd say the time is indeed NOW to leave this and all other KotCS discussion online between now and 5/22. Freakin spoilers!

I'm so incredibly wary of getting the film spoiled ahead of time.

I saw TLC when I was nineteen, and the last time I was with a 19-year-old I did realize she was virtually half my age. So, um, it's been a long time I've waited for this installment.

...yes, that's the point I was making. No spoilers, dammit!

Yes, it's the new trailer. Paramount has been shutting down all the links and YouTubes at a fever pitch. I imagine an official version will hit shortly.

Great trailer, BTW. :rock

It'll soon show up on the official site and then in the widget (or perhaps both simultaneously). The new TV Spot is now in the widget:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="https://widgets.clearspring.com/o/47d1f29eb6daf867/47e93e798d70c16e/47e4593e01f9591a/ac04aef3" id="W47d1f29eb6daf86747e93e798d70c16e" height="250" width="300"><param value="https://widgets.clearspring.com/o/47d1f29eb6daf867/47e93e798d70c16e/47e4593e01f9591a/ac04aef3" name="movie"/><param value="transparent" name="wmode"><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"></object>

Back