Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just don't cry when she wants to rub her fake tail over you and have tantric sex, leaving your balls the same color as her make-up.

How is that a bad thing? :lol I'll take some fake tail rubbing if it means I gets some real tail rubbing. :yess:

A guy? Sure. BUT remember that or every "Yin" there is a "Yang" and just like we have hot SW Cosplayers every now and then, the Avatar crowd brings theirs out as well. If I sat next to this:

2446720.jpg

I'd be interested to see just how blue she is and where. :naughty:

It's all pink on the inside. :lecture

I loved KOTCS up until they went into the jungle - in fact I stayed relatively spoiler free when I went to the theatres and knew that it was getting some bad press but didn't know why - up until they arrived in South America I thought people were just being nitpicky.

It was fun watching an Indy movie and really not knowing how it'd end. When would the aliens show up? Would they be good, bad, or indifferent? Would they talk to Indy or not? I like how it played out.

Its funny that TOD prompted the invention of the PG-13 rating and KOTCS was barely PG. Maybe they can start rating movies G-13. :duh :lol

Its funny that TOD prompted the invention of the PG-13 rating and KOTCS was barely PG. Maybe they can start rating movies G-13. :duh :lol

Nothing in TOD scares my four-year-old (yes, even "the heart" scene); but the ants scared him big time! :horror :lol :panic:

I don't consider the loonies who paint themselves blue and speak in that dumb fake alien language the typical "Avatards". Those are clearly in the extreme, easily dismissed and aren't even worth bothering with.

I'll make it easy: If you really think the movie was special at all (outside of its technical conceit, which is also overrated/overblown in itself) or anywhere near the best film of 2010, then you're probably what I would call an Avatard. A lot of otherwise rational people have latched onto that film for reasons that remain baffling to me.

Those ants are nasty man. There are ants out there just like that. No joke.

Yeah, my son is allergic to ants. A small one bit him on the hand the other day and it swelled up to about 3 times its normal size. No joke. :horror If even one Siafu bit him he'd probably be toast.

I don't consider the loonies who paint themselves blue and speak in that dumb fake alien language the typical "Avatards". Those are clearly in the extreme, easily dismissed and aren't even worth bothering with.

I'll make it easy: If you really think the movie was special at all (outside of its technical conceit, which is also overrated/overblown in itself) or anywhere near the best film of 2010, then you're probably what I would call an Avatard. A lot of otherwise rational people have latched onto that film for reasons that remain baffling to me.

I like Avatar....then again I liked Dances With Wolves back in the day too. I LOVE that its done kooky ____ like get that girl to paint herself blue and probably shout off nonsense that'd make Greedo Cosplayers seems like they are giving verses from Hamlet. If I were a single man and at a con the bat____ crazy chick who goes out half naked, painted blue and speaking in tongue is the one I want to take back to the hotel room and set up the FLIP cam with. I mean look at her:

2437902.jpg

Not a 10 by any means, I'd say probably a 6/7 but if she actually left the house like that and walked around cons you know its gotta be worth your time for the story alone that undoubtedly will end with "and all of sudden after we were done she let dandelions loose in the room..."

Yeah, my son is allergic to ants. A small one bit him on the hand the other day and it swelled up to about 3 times its normal size. No joke. :horror If even one Siafu bit him he'd probably be toast.

Ants are bastards. While not as serious they destroyed my Mort puppet. The corn syrup the creator used as blood didn't help (in retrospect that should have been a red flag) but they are still bastards.

Last edited:

Damn man! He ok? I don't doubt it I think lots of folks would be for sure. I aint screwing with them.

I like Avatar....then again I liked Dances With Wolves back in the day too. I LOVE that its done kooky ____ like get that girl to paint herself blue and probably shout off nonsense that'd make Greedo Cosplayers seems like they are giving verses from Hamlet. If I were a single man and at a con the bat____ crazy chick who goes out half naked, painted blue and speaking in tongue is the one I want to take back to the hotel room and set up the FLIP cam with. I mean look at her:

2437902.jpg

Not a 10 by any means, I'd say probably a 6/7 but if she actually left the house like that and walked around cons you know its gotta be worth your time for the story alone that undoubtedly will end with "and all of sudden after we were done she let dandelions loose in the room..."

I agree with Mike. I liked it but I liked Dances with Wolves as well. The thing is the girl is having fun and not hurting anybody with it. She's kind of cute too IMO. Not a 10 like you said but I aint either so who gives a damn.

Man, I do not want to be a father, that would give me a heart attack.

Well, over my dead freaking body would I let my daughter no matter how old go around acting like that. However, as a non father and single male its cool. :lol

Well, over my dead freaking body would I let my daughter no matter how old go around acting like that. However, as a non father and single male its cool. :lol

Not to mention, at some point, it doesn't matter what you will and will not "let" her do. I have a baby girl turning 1 in a few months and this ____ already bothering me :panic:

I'll make it easy: If you really think the movie was special at all (outside of its technical conceit, which is also nothing more than a money-grossing gimmick.) or anywhere near the best film of 2010, then you're probably what I would call an Avatard. A lot of otherwise rational people have latched onto that film for reasons that remain baffling to me.

Fixed! :lecture:lecture:lecture

You really don't "get" the appeal of a crowd pleasing underdogs vs. invaders story with stunning visuals and a familiar yet solidly told story? Come on now. That's like saying you don't get Star Wars. You don't even have to think that Avatar is remotely as good as Star Wars to still realize that it obviously touched the same cultural nerve.

Nothing in TOD scares my four-year-old (yes, even "the heart" scene); but the ants scared him big time! :horror :lol :panic:

That still isn't a reflection of the rating (my 3 year old was scared by the wicked stepmother in the G rated Cinderella.) KOTCS could have easily been PG with its near total lack of blood, language, and sensuality. I do agree that ants suck, however. :lecture

That still isn't a reflection of the rating (my 3 year old was scared by the wicked stepmother in the G rated Cinderella.) KOTCS could have easily been PG with its near total lack of blood, language, and sensuality. I do agree that ants suck, however. :lecture

I know I get that, ratings don't mean too much to my wife and I; there are some PG films that we don't want our kids watching.

You really don't "get" the appeal of a crowd pleasing underdogs vs. invaders story with stunning visuals and a familiar yet solidly told story? Come on now. That's like saying you don't get Star Wars. You don't even have to think that Avatar is remotely as good as Star Wars to still realize that it obviously touched the same cultural nerve.

I wish I could get behind that statement, but our culture kind of blows. At least every time I go to the theatre people are unconsiderate zealots. Makes sense Avatar is so popular. Just my opinion of course. Avatar is missing that certain something that puts it over the top. Same reason Aliens is awesome or the Terminator & T2 and Avatar is too vanilla for my tastes.

There was nothing to get from a glorified cowboys and Indians story. I'm more surprised people rate it as "high" and "original" as they do. :lol

Back