Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry for the poor quality pic but..

photo-2.jpg

recieved this guy yesterday. used a whip from faststreetofhongkongs kotcs indy. looks awesome!

Since when did Indy have TWO Whips?????

JK! Looks great!

SS is sending me another one because mine have a broken belt and wonkey eyes. I have to break my old one and send photos. This will be one of the hardest things I will ever have to do. Even with it's faults this statue is AWSOME!

My Indy arrived today and he looks so awesome in person:

Indy_tod_01.jpg

Indy_tod_02.jpg

He looks that good, I even consider getting rid of this little friend:

Indy_rotla_01.JPG

:dunno

Ok. Here are my official pictures of my replacement Indy. First let me say that I think this is by far the best Indy out there. The likeness to Harrison Ford is dead on. The outfit is about perfect. The Holster is the only "toy" looking thing on the item. Wish the sword was real steel. the base is great. I love the fact that SS gave us the extra hand. I probably would have never bought this if all it had the bomb throwing hand. Just about a perfect statue.

No disrespect the the Raiders Indy but it just does not have anything on this. Of course I have seen some great repaints of that one and it still is a great statue regardless.

But TOD is the best IMO

P1110504.jpg

P1110495.jpg

P1110497.jpg

P1110503.jpg

P1110506.jpg

P1110508.jpg

Thanks for posting your awesome pictures JAWS. I still have to get around to picking up the TOD Indy PF, it's the only one I still need from the IJ line. I sure hope the one I finally end up getting looks like your replacement. the paint apps look near perfect on that one, especially the stubble which I've always found has been lacking on the others I've seen so far.

Out of curiosity, what edition number was your original and what's the number on the replacement? Are the Exclusive's or Regular's?

Thanks! :rock

Out of curiosity, what edition number was your original and what's the number on the replacement? Are the Exclusive's or Regular's?

Thanks! :rock

It was an exclusive. SS only replaced the main body. The base, stones, satchel, and hands are all from my original. The edition # is 197.

It is really does have near perfect paint apps. Like I have said I got this statue as a back up to my Raiders PF because of the flaking jacket. This piece is so perfect it made my Raiders PF expendable and I am actually going to sell it. Which is something I never thought I would do flaking jacket or no.

But I thought my original was pretty great also except for the wonkey eye.

So yes Indiana Fett you need to get this.

I also think that owners of this item should tuck in the shirt. Not only is it more film accurate but when untucked it hides the great looking belt that holds the holster and whip.

In fact the shirt never comes fully untucked in the film at all. Not sure why SS thought it should be untucked.

Which looks more screen acurate tucked or untucked??

indiana_jones.jpg

01.jpg

indiana_jones.jpg

P1110508.jpg

Of course if you prefer untucked, thats cool, because it looks good that way too.

Last edited:
He looks good with the shirt tucked in. I think I'll make the same change on my figure. After seeing the photo again, it's a shame that Sideshow wasn't scene specific. He should have been holding his whip. Still a great piece, though. I love mine.

He looks good with the shirt tucked in. I think I'll make the same change on my figure. After seeing the photo again, it's a shame that Sideshow wasn't scene specific. He should have been holding his whip. Still a great piece, though. I love mine.

I use to think that also. But in reality screen acurate would be Indy holding the sword and whip up in the air screaming or running from the bad guys. The photo I posted was never seen in the film. In fact he holds just the sword far more often then holding both.

I also love the way the whip looks hanging on his belt. I think it really adds to it. Lets face it that is where the whip is 99.9% of the time in these films and we needed a PF to show that.

It's obvious that they used the photo as inspiration for the pose. The picture of him holding both looks great. But in reality it would be almost impossible to wield both at the same time. So it actually more realistic and even more film acurate to have him holding just the sword.

Oh and did I mention that I Just love the way the whip looks hanging on his belt.

But holding both would have been cool also.

But as is, I really think this PF is just about perfect.

Considering we got an Indy already with a coiled whip, it would have been nice to have an uncoiled version. But I'll take it either way. :)

Back