Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely love it!!! This line is so awesome I only wish the 1/6 would get jump started as well (hopefully with some similar TOD love).

Definitely getting the exclusive... Love monkey brains. :monkey4:monkey3

New pic of Trevor:

More_Temple_Of_Doom_Indy_by_trev_solo.jpg

Get the Sovereign Studio 1/4 scale whip, have Shawn do it a red tone. From what I see from the new Trevor pics, it should fit just fine in the "sword" (right) hand. I will move the sword to the left hand and re-sculpt the fingers with sculpting puddy to make him grip it tightly.

I would repaint the whip that he comes with and put it n the RAIDERS PF, it appears to be much improved.

Yes, there are some minor problems, but they are all fixable.

Crazy Trevor Harrison likeness! Three stones, a cool base. The hat looks great! This is a must have!!!

Last edited:
Shouldn't have to go through all that trouble just to make it look "right."

Get the Sovereign Studio 1/4 scale whip, have Shawn do it a red tone. From what I see from the new Trevor pics, it should fit just fine in the "sword" (right) hand. I will move the sword to the left hand and re-sculpt the fingers with sculpting puddy to make him grip it tightly.

This is what I'd like to do, but I have no means to re-sculpt the fingers :slap

I would repaint the whip that he comes with and put it n the RAIDERS PF, it appears to be much improved.

Good idea, I wonder if the whip will fit without modification. The whip it comes with is already a tricky fit.

It's like SS got three scenes and put all together in this PF.

Yes and I LOVE that. Its like a 3D movie poster, but better. Fantastic PF, everything I was hoping for in an iconic representation of TOD. Awesome pose.

The Temple base is much more dynamic than if they had gone with a couple of planks from a screen accurate bridge, IMO. The monkey brains are a must, without them you've just got Bridge Indy on a Temple base. The monkey brains tie it all together as a deliberate choice to represent the three most memorable scenes from the film. I LOVE IT.

TODPF.jpg

Best part is you can change out the Sankara stones to mark the holidays.

457398092_3220afeb20.jpg

I understand, we all want it "right" out of box. A lot of people were very happy with the RAIDERS PF, I was too, but I knew that it could be better. For some of us, part of the fun is in improving these. I put this video up the other day, it clearly shows what you can have done with some of the amazing talents on this board: Mike Fisher's holster & gun belt, Shawn's Sovereign Studio 1/4 scale whip, etc.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/g4Yo5MyTiMQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/g4Yo5MyTiMQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Everything needs a little upgrade, our homes, our workouts, why not our Indy's? Part of the fun of Life is improving things ...

That's great if you have the talent and the nerves to "re-sculpt" them but there's no way I would ever take that chance on a $310 statue.

I'm disappointed about the left hand, but after staring at the production pics off and on for a few hours I have to say...it's growing on me very fast. It really is a beauty. I've especially been admiring the beautifully sculpted/painted boots (random I know). If this gets released without taking any serious hits in quality, I'll be a happy camper.

It's dynamic and in no way represents the character.

Its kinda like if they were to do a Hulk statue and put him in the Iron Man just landed iconic pose. :slap

They really don't get this license. I understand they wanted to one up the Raiders PF but this isn't the way to do it by just throwing as much ____ as you can from Temple of DOom into his hands and onto his base.

Great looking statue, Not Indy. No sale.

I understand, we all want it "right" out of box. A lot of people were very happy with the RAIDERS PF, I was too, but I knew that it could be better. For some of us, part of the fun is in improving these. I put this video up the other day, it clearly shows what you can have done with some of the amazing talents on this board: Mike Fisher's holster & gun belt, Shawn's Sovereign Studio 1/4 scale whip, etc.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/g4Yo5MyTiMQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/g4Yo5MyTiMQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Everything needs a little upgrade, our homes, our workouts, why not our Indy's? Part of the fun of Life is improving things ...

So commission new pants, new shirt, new jacket, new accessories, new belts, new paint work, and repose the statue? Not my idea of a "little" upgrade as awesome as your Indys are man.

Last edited:
Definitely better after seeing the full reveal; I like it.:clap I think that I'm going to order the regular. The exclusive's accessory is great but isn't part of the scene depicted.

As far as I'm concerned this PF is top notch and I am in! I've read all the complaints so far and complaining because Indy isn't posed to your preference is just plain dumb. The base is awesome, detail is spot on and Trev's portrait is amazing. And while the exclusive isn't essential, how cool is CHILLED MONKEY BRAINS!? it's one of those exclusives that makes you go "holy cow, I can't believe that's a beheaded monkey with dessert brains!" lol

Last edited:
after seeing the production pics, i must say i'm severely disappointed that they are not providing a switch-out hand to hold an uncoiled whip.

it's almost a deal breaker for me.

almost.

but trevor's sculpt is so outstanding and my love of t.o.d is so enduring (yes, i'm one of those who absolutely loved the film) that i am definitely getting this piece.

my other thoughts about this pf...

the base isn't my first choice -- would've preferred a section of the rope bridge including the handrails. but i must admit what they've done is pretty well-executed.

the clothing is something i really like, especially the blood-stained n ripped back. great attention to detail.

to me, the pose only works from certain angles. i think it looks best from a 3/4 view with the sword arm facing us. still dislike the position of the left hand holding the stone. but from that 3/4 angle i think it should be acceptable.

no access to exclusives in my country so that's a non-issue to me. would've been nice if the sankara stones could light up though. :D

overall, this is kinda hit & miss, but based on the strength of the sculpt and the overall quality of the piece, i'd say it's a must-have.

just wish sideshow would listen to its fans more...

Back