Indiana Jones ROTLA Sideshow PF - 199,99$ (AMAZON)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true. And also, can u really be mad at them?!? They have KILLER deals sometimes. So it's like u said....it's a trade off.

Sorry but whats your point?

Have you ever ordered from Sideshow, they just put the PF box in a brown shipper with zero protection around the edges.

For those of you considering ordering this PF from Amazon, understand that gohastings.com may be the actual vendor...I just wanted you to see what a "great" job of packaging they did with my order.

This is what the box looked like when I received it:

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

Quality job with the packaging gohastings!

Here is what happened the first time I attempted to lift the box:

DSC01310.jpg

That's right folks....the box came apart because the top half of this makeshift box wasn't really connected to the bottom half.

As for the inside the box....no need to distribute the packing materially evenly / uniformly within the box. Let's just lump it together on one side of the box.

DSC01312.jpg

Fortunately despite this second rate, craptastic packaging the PF appears to be undamaged. Maybe I'm just overreacting...but I have bought stuff from guys on e-bay who do a much better job of packaging my purchase than gohastings. If gohastings spent more than 17 seconds packaging my PF I would be surprised. Needless to say I won't be ordering any other PFs from this company anytime soon.

Sorry but whats your point?

Have you ever ordered from Sideshow, they just put the PF box in a brown shipper with zero protection around the edges.

1) How Sideshow packages their products is irrelevant in this instance. Gohastings is the on-line retailer sold me this product, so how the product arrives at my house reflects on them....not Sideshow. This box, as well as the overall packaging, looks like crap. IMHO perception plays a huge role in a customer's satisfaction with a purchase. My perception is that gohastings didn't really care one way or the other if my packaged arrived undamaged or not.

2) Yeah I know that Sideshow simply uses a brown shipper. But that same shipper makes for a much nicer presentation than sloppily taping together 2-3 three boxes. Does Sideshow's method provide any greater protection? No...and I readily admit that. But there is a reason why Sideshow elects to ship their PFs to customers utilizing the brown slipper rather than the rag tag approach of throwing 2-3 boxes together approach that gohastings utilizes.

I think what bothers me most is that if this purchase had been fulfilled directly by Amazon rather than subcontracted out to gohastings there wouldn't have been any issues or concerns. This was my first purchase from gohastings and it did not create a good first impression.

Look I know there are some folks that will adopt a "who care" or "what's your point" mentality regarding my pics. That's fine....I often have the same reaction as I read threads where folks nit pick a statue or figure to death over little stuff I think is absolutely ridiculous. We all have things that push our respective buttons. Nonetheless I thought I would share my experience....if you don't like it or disagree then move on.

Generally, that is the trade-off. Your figure/statue is probably coming from a brick and mortar where the box will have shelf wear. On top of that, they ship it to you in whatever they have lying around. If you like collecting mint boxes, pay eBay prices, because Hastings is not your friend.

I think you summed it up perfectly.

Mine came yeasterday. It was just wrapped in brown paper like a x-mas present. It doesn't appear to be any shipping damage, but it does look like it had been in a back room or on a sales floor for a bit. He had been opened evidently for inspection, otherwise he is in great shape.

I have a question though, Do I remember correctly that you have to pull out the arm a bit in order to move the satchel into place?

"qrest". The satchel is a tight fit but I didn't have to move the arm and I was able to pad it a little too. Yours is probably like all of the rest.
Make sure that the belt and straps are alright. The first one that I got from "hastings" had a broken whip hanger. The replacement was fine.
Congrats. Great PF. How's the paint ap?
P.S. Returns are easy with "hastings" so don't hesitate sending it back if you're not happy. They pay the return shipping costs.

My thought on my ROTLA Indy PF was that when he was in the desert .. his skin color had darkened a bit from sun exposure.. the tanned effect I thought was actually cool.. since he was in the jungle and then the dessert.. exposed to the sun... just my thought on why he's a bit darker... I've always loved this PF..:) I have seen some amazing repaints here at freaks.. just wonderful stuff.. I'm glad to be on board!

Tan or not, it's a great PF. I'm happy with mine as is.
A lot of the repaints shown on these threads blow away any of the SS paint aps. I don't have the stones to attempt it though. Mine isn't that bad at all.
"attom44" has the right attitude.

So I was looking up at my PFIJ sitiing one my entertainment center, when I noticed his gun wa stisking o0ut from the holster. I turned the figure to finde that the glue on the holster had come loose and popped open. The Gun had almost fallen out!

What glue do I use to fix this?

I always find it dangerous to fix fabric and leather with superglue because it tends to get soaked up into the material, making it hard to control.It hardens the fabric too, making it less pliable. I fixed mine with Games Workshop PVA glue which still holds well.

Back