Indiana Jones ROTLA Sideshow PF - 199,99$ (AMAZON)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the seller is "gohastings", they were selling the Raiders PF for $150.00 a couple of months ago. You might be able to wait for another sale.
Try putting one in your shopping cart. The extra $50 came off at checkout for me. Memorial Day sale? Worth a look.
I did have to return one that was very "tan" though. Return was not a problem. They credited my account before they got the PF back.

That's a good price and might have grabbed it at one point, but I don't have much faith in future Indy PFs...

Wow! What a great price, I might have to pick one of these up. But whats the deal with some being too dark?

For those of you considering ordering this PF from Amazon, understand that gohastings.com may be the actual vendor...I just wanted you to see what a "great" job of packaging they did with my order.

This is what the box looked like when I received it:

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

Quality job with the packaging gohastings!

Here is what happened the first time I attempted to lift the box:

DSC01310.jpg

That's right folks....the box came apart because the top half of this makeshift box wasn't really connected to the bottom half.

As for the inside the box....no need to distribute the packing materially evenly / uniformly within the box. Let's just lump it together on one side of the box.

DSC01312.jpg

Fortunately despite this second rate, craptastic packaging the PF appears to be undamaged. Maybe I'm just overreacting...but I have bought stuff from guys on e-bay who do a much better job of packaging my purchase than gohastings. If gohastings spent more than 17 seconds packaging my PF I would be surprised. Needless to say I won't be ordering any other PFs from this company anytime soon.

that's not how mine came
I ordered one from Hastings a few months ago, and it was pretty much shipped the same way: 2 large boxes taped together, and not taped very well. It was barely together when it arrived.

On the bright side, returns are pretty easy and straight forward if you have issues.

I think they do such a crappy job of packaging to make up for that steal of a deal!!! ;) they are known for their poor packaging. Someone should send them a nasty letter. Any volunteers?!?!

Generally, that is the trade-off. Your figure/statue is probably coming from a brick and mortar where the box will have shelf wear. On top of that, they ship it to you in whatever they have lying around. If you like collecting mint boxes, pay eBay prices, because Hastings is not your friend.

Back