Indiana Jones and the Raiders of... wait what?!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The IMAX is a blow up from the 4k print. You are better off just watching it in a reg theater that can show 4k then sit in the front row. IMAX is over rated. The image get distorted if it's not shot with IMAX cameras. I did see the final reel of ET in 4k at the John Williams Hollywood Bowl concert and these 4k transfers are for real!!! Looked awesome! Raiders in 4k will be mind blowing.

I've always called it Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark.

awwwwwwwwwwww what?!

also i just found out that raiders wont be showing in true imax here in LA. and it wont be the 4k print you will be seeing in the theaters but a 2k print.

again, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww what??!!!!

think ill just save the money and instead just invest in the blu ray. besides i have a full HD projector so if i sit REAL close it will feel just like imax.

Yeah, this whole "Raiders in IMAX" thing was another Lucas blunder marketing BS. I hate when he lies. He really has become the thing he once hated.

So instead of IMAX Raiders, looks like I'll be seeing a wonderful 2k version in Century City.

Oh well, I could think of a million things that money would be ill-spent on. Sit back and enjoy.

Likely be the best movie of the summer still.

The IMAX is a blow up from the 4k print. You are better off just watching it in a reg theater that can show 4k then sit in the front row. IMAX is over rated. The image get distorted if it's not shot with IMAX cameras. I did see the final reel of ET in 4k at the John Williams Hollywood Bowl concert and these 4k transfers are for real!!! Looked awesome! Raiders in 4k will be mind blowing.

Yes. Saw it today. The picture looked quite soft blown up in Imax.

Anyone who calls this film anything other than RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (or "Raiders" for short) is a tool.

Not only is the amended title foolishly unnecessary and done only because LFL's marketing folks are among the lamest and laziest in the world, it's also dumb. Indy himself IS one of the "raiders" of the lost ark. :slap

Last edited:
The picture looked great for a 80's movie remastered and then blown up....:dunno

You expected perfection? Crystal clear picture? Good luck with that.

I however, got to enjoy Raiders in almost perfect picture, with perfect sound. It was great. And they did have the posters by the way. I grabbed 4. No one else grabbed any. :lol

The movie wasn't filmed in IMAX. Even if a film is filmed on 70mm, that doesn't make it automatically IMAX.

Wofford can fill you in on the details, because it has to do with The Master, but IMAX is a bigger film format, to show a film in IMAX, it has to be IMAX size.

TDKR has IMAX footage, takes up the whole screen. This film took up most of it, but not all. Which is fine with me, it was BIG. But not TDKR big/ ( In screen size)

Actually, the swordsman now hurls his sword at Indy, knocking him off balance where he accidently pulls the shot that kills him.

:D

:lol at yours and SABs posts.

I also hear CG Gophers will be added to the final Ark ritual scene to infuse some much needed comic relief as a counterbalance to faces being melted off.

About 99.9% sure that won't happen. Spielberg would choke all 3 of Lucas' necks.

:lol

Indy himself IS one of the "raiders" of the lost ark. :slap

And he really is a terrible archaeologist. Everything he finds he, or those he brings along, ends up destroying.

It would be funny, if Lucas had any say to Spielberg's films any more.

I hope he was fired from it. He needs to destroy his own franchise. His own bitter, twisted, retarded franchise.

Back