Indiana Jones and the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull on DVD Oct. 14th 2008!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic of the BB Exclusive DVD Gift set...

8918852.jpg

While I'm all for great picture and sound quality, I still have to laugh when 2-disc Blu-rays come out because they proclaimed how much extra capacity their format had over HD DVD. :lol

Honestly most of the regular DVDs that are 2-DVD sets can all fit on one single DVD. So why do we have 2-disc BluRays? My buddy in England has a lot of the same movies as I do. Only difference is that his are one disc and mine are 2-discs. Both contain the same amount of content, same features, same extras, etc. Apparently the U.S. studios feel that Americans NEED that extra disc to feel we're getting our money's worth.

Honestly most of the regular DVDs that are 2-DVD sets can all fit on one single DVD. So why do we have 2-disc BluRays? My buddy in England has a lot of the same movies as I do. Only difference is that his are one disc and mine are 2-discs. Both contain the same amount of content, same features, same extras, etc. Apparently the U.S. studios feel that Americans NEED that extra disc to feel we're getting our money's worth.

No, just that we are willing to pay more for 2 disk then 1.

Interesting. I just got a postcard from Sideshow for both the Crystal Skull Gift Set and the Iron Man Gift Set. Shows off both quite nicely. The Crystal Skull on a Temple base on three steps with pedestal and carvings. The interesting thing is that it only comes with a $25 GC while the Iron Man one comes with a $50 GC.

Interesting. I just got a postcard from Sideshow for both the Crystal Skull Gift Set and the Iron Man Gift Set. Shows off both quite nicely. The Crystal Skull on a Temple base on three steps with pedestal and carvings. The interesting thing is that it only comes with a $25 GC while the Iron Man one comes with a $50 GC.

Someone better tell Best Buy...they're advertising a $50.00 Gift card. I pre-ordered mine...wonder if BB will honor their ad? :confused:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspag...ystal+skull&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1885294

Limited Edition Mini Crystal Skull Replica - Created by premier collectibles manufacturer, Sideshow Collectibles - Special Edition DVD - $50 gift card to Sideshow Collectibles.com

Interesting....here they are saying $25 for Indy on their site....

Indy/Iron Man Gift Set Page

Each gift set also contains:

* Special edition DVD
* Gift card to SideshowCollectibles.com
($25 card value with Indiana Jones, $50 with Iron Man)

Order yours today!

Should be interesting to get an answer definitively.

OK, another question... Does anyone have any info on the sideshow giftcard? I am wondering if it can be used for only in stock items, or if it can be used for pre-orders as well. And, what is the expiration date? Thanks!

I believe the giftcards can only be used on items that have a giftcard icon on them. Because of that, it's typically in-stock items and not preorder items.

Interesting....here they are saying $25 for Indy on their site....

Indy/Iron Man Gift Set Page

Each gift set also contains:

* Special edition DVD
* Gift card to SideshowCollectibles.com
($25 card value with Indiana Jones, $50 with Iron Man)

Order yours today!

Should be interesting to get an answer definitively.

Thanks for posting that Mike. I think I'll have to call BB and find out for sure.

Back