Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indiana Jones 5 (July 19th, 2019)

The news is more concerning because it seems to put an end to the speculation that they would reboot the franchise with a younger Indy.

Good. It's bad enough that we'll have to suffer through a Young Han Solo movie. Rebooting INDY with a Ford wannabee is equally a bad idea. Unlike 007, he embodies so much of that character with his persona and he himself helped mold it. Let the franchise RIP whenever Ford is done.

Agreed.
At any rate, I liked Crystal Skull, so I hope Lucas writes the story for this one.

Good. It's bad enough that we'll have to suffer through a Young Han Solo movie. Rebooting INDY with a Ford wannabee is equally a bad idea. Unlike 007, he embodies so much of that character with his persona and he himself helped mold it. Let the franchise RIP whenever Ford is done.

As much as I agree with that, I think a reboot could work for Indy. We've already had River Phoenix in LC and the Young Indy Chronicles (as bad as it was), which I think makes the concept of a young Indy a little more acceptable.

Yeah, I'm of this mindset. The drawback is that because of that, we probably won't get any fun, well written adventure movies with young guys in the vein of Raiders at all. Because if you can't connect a film to some franchise or character audiences are at least vaguely aware of, you just don't see a movie happening at all. This certainly would have been an opportunity to do that.

Sense. This man has it.

I read "continuation of Crystal Skull" to simply mean its not a reboot. ToD, RotLA, LC, and KotCS are all still canon and this story will be a sequel to all of them and not be set before or between any of the other installments. I highly doubt we'll see John Hurt or Shia LaBeouf in this one. I would expect Karen Allen to return but in a smaller, non-action oriented role as Indy's wife in the beginning and/or end of the movie.

Is Spielberg directing?

:rotfl

The news is more concerning because it seems to put an end to the speculation that they would reboot the franchise with a younger Indy.

But they could still make a good movie with an old Indy. You just need a damn good script.

:lol Damn. That is just the most bizarre thing...

Anyway, here is the lovely Jessica Chobot talking about the Indy news with a "special guest" sprinkled in there:

Frank Marshall Says INDIANA JONES 5 Will Be a Continuation of THE CRYSTAL SKULL | Nerdist

Lovely indeed. She should be a young Marion.

I'm not too upset if 5 acknowledges KOTCS. My problem with that film is it just wasn't as fun as the others, very boring in places, Marion laughing at everything was annoying, John Hurt was wasted on a nothing role. But I'm OK with the events that took place.

Excellent news he's such a tough bastard will be 77, hope they get this right and end it well with Harrison, it looks like everyone is in a agreement Harrison is Indy, it should end with him his baby, Steven as said this is it, well said complete agreement with him complex character it's not like a MI film just change the actor. Plus Harrison says it's mine true. Felt skull was a good film but good have been far greater. Became to soft in crusade go crazy this time I hope.

Hope they make it raw this time and get it right finish it off in spectacular fashion. Can't wait. 2018 :)

Will mutt be coming back? Any one know?? Give him another chance give him another chance. Have him fighting somewhere this time complete nutjob. Hope sallo comes back felt just wasn't the same in skull with out the legend.

Lovely indeed. She should be a young Marion.

I'm not too upset if 5 acknowledges KOTCS. My problem with that film is it just wasn't as fun as the others, very boring in places, Marion laughing at everything was annoying, John Hurt was wasted on a nothing role. But I'm OK with the events that took place.

There was no sense of danger. Not once did it feel like the main characters were in real trouble. It was like watching a group of people on a theme park ride and that killed the film for me.

06-07-2016

Excellent news
Bg3bUSA.gif

To many unnecessary characters. Back to basics. Sallo round and mutt as a reformed character forget the brando wannebe kid, he's gone. Skin head.

I just want to see Marion knock someone out...anyone, even Indy. :yess:

At least we'll get some more John Williams music outta this, he's the one element in these that is age defying.

A little more news:

In a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, film legend Steven Spielberg talks about the business side of his filmmaking future. But the director also drops one welcome chunk of information regarding his next Indiana Jones movie. With both the character and the actor who plays him advancing in years, fans may be wondering if it’s possible that the world’s most famous archaeologist could actually, finally perish when he returns to theaters. Here’s what Spielberg has to say on the matter: “I think this one is straight down the pike for the fans… The one thing I will tell you is I’m not killing off Harrison [Ford] at the end of it.

And via the new McGuffin of time travel he'll be brought back to life for the ending.

Back