Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indiana Jones 5 (July 19th, 2019)

Shia tells Shorty that Indy would have disappointed him as a father. Shia kills Indy, then Shorty activates the power of the Shankara Stones to defeat Shia even though there is no explanation for how he got such knowledge. :monkey3

Shia tells Shorty that Indy would have disappointed him as a father. Shia kills Indy, then Shorty activates the power of the Shankara Stones to defeat Shia even though there is no explanation for how he got such knowledge. :monkey3

Swap out stones for Dragonballs and you've got Funimations next hit.

Once I accepted that Indy surviving the raft parachute thing in TOD was only slightly less far-fetched than him surviving the nuke I was able to accept that KOTCS was not ***t for its implausible scenarios....it was ***t because it was boring in large parts and CGI action just isn't all that convincing or fun.

I will watch it because I love the character and the franchise but I am going in with 0 expectations.

I haven't watched it in years, but I'm not sure the problem with the movie was the script, it was the macguffin, acting by Lebouf and others, ant the bad CGI. Not to mention questionable situations like the fridge, ants and monkeys.

I actually watched Crystal Skull again yesterday, and I have to admit that I'm still baffled at all the hate it gets...
It's a pretty solid Indian Jones movie: it's got the chases, the far-fetched action sequences, the silly jokes, the paranormal stuff... it's all there.
As for the acting, Shia and CGI, well, it wasn't all that bad IMHO.
I actually liked Indy's and MArion's bickering, and Shia wasn't bad at all.
But, then again, I'm not a huge Indy fan, so what do I know.

I do hope Lucas is involved in this in some capacity, though. This is another franchise that is his, and I think it would be sad if Spielberg and Ford didn't at least consult with him.

I always consider KOTCS and Pirates on Stranger Tides my "Hit" movies. If I want a "hit" of these franchises but don't feel like a trilogy marathon i'll stick these in. As for formula of a IJ pictures KOTCS hits all beats but it lacks something. Where it fails it where Balboa did right nostalgia and talking us back sharing the experiences we and Indy shared together. Instead we get Mac and spying on the "Reds", IJ having all these medals and should be honored by his country (Where was I when all this took place), I can't relate so instantly something is taken away. Another is the smaller scale compared to LC. Its all in Peru. I think even if Kate B character made even one wardrobe change it would have changed something.

They should film two films back to back. Do this in style it's going to be the last time we see Harrison as Indy.

For me KOTCS was a massively missed opportunity, it had so many things that were right for the film but just fell away with what should've been the supporting characters. They bring back Marion but turn a 'smack them in the mouth' tom boy into a mumsie and softened her down. They go to the trouble of having a female villain and don't have a fight between her and Marion!!!! Whose idea was that, George Lucas or Steven Spielberg?

The big Russian was just so weak, here he was supposed to be replacing Pat Roach but he just fails miserably, they should've gone for another wrestler and this time someone well known as a heel. I don't know, may be Triple H Paul Levesque would've been better...

Finally poor Shia Lebouef, thoroughly vilified but he was one of the worst miscasts in Hollywood history. The majority of SW fans believe Hayden Christensen was miscast as Anakin Skywalker, then the blame must lie with the common denominator.....George Lucas, what was he thinking?

Hmm...

While at CinemaCon (hat tip Variety), franchise producer Frank Marshall reiterated that Ford will not be recast as Indiana Jones, believing that the character is so iconic, only one actor can play him. This stance eliminates any chance of Indy 5 being a prequel of sorts, with Ford merely bookending an adventure headlined by a younger thespian in the role. As fans theorize about what could happen, that was one possibility discussed, but Marshall revealed in his interview that the latest installment will be a “continuation” of the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull story.

Indiana Jones 5 Is ‘Continuation’ Of Crystal Skull Story

tumblr_n1odnpoffj1rxb8ifo1_400.gif

Well they already did the 50's scifi bit, so what is left? The 60's where Indy discovers GoGo girls and LSD?

It will be set mid-late 60s. Don't know why that would come as a surprise to anyone.

Or have indy stop at a light and have Bob Falfa challenge him to a race....

tumblr_o1scitWmaD1s7xfipo5_400.gif

Lucas would do it. :lecture

Or have indy stop at a light and have Bob Falfa challenge him to a race....

tumblr_o1scitWmaD1s7xfipo5_400.gif

Lucas would do it. :lecture

:rotfl

The news is more concerning because it seems to put an end to the speculation that they would reboot the franchise with a younger Indy.

But they could still make a good movie with an old Indy. You just need a damn good script.

Back