InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, this figure looks really sharp without the cape and cowl, and I'm excited to display him like that at least some of the time. It's the one reason I almost wish I had gotten the rooted, although saving money on that means I need to feel less bad about spending on other figures.

What makes you think there will be lots of extras? I’m looking for a rooted or sculpted lol
This character sells. They probably produced a lot. Kit's putting up more Gandalfs every day. I'm sure there will be more Batman.

Unreal's sculpt looks the best so far, but I still have my reservations about it. I need to see more. Excited for him to get the Inart figure in hand, and share more.

Does anybody have good reference for the tasers? I'm not sure, but he doesn't seem to have those equipped in some scenes in the film.

I'll say the paint finish does not accurately represent the material of the gloves. I could say the same about their Joker.

20240426_095416.jpg

Unreal's sculpt looks the best so far, but I still have my reservations about it. I need to see more. Excited for him to get the Inart figure in hand, and share more.

No offence at ALL to unreal but I think it’s the paint that is lessening the impact of how good the sculpt is. Planning to get an unpainted one sent to another painter myself.

No offence at ALL to unreal but I think it’s the paint that is lessening the impact of how good the sculpt is. Planning to get an unpainted one sent to another painter myself.
Agreed.

I find that Oaty delivers a convincing stock finish with his paint apps. Unreal, unfortunately doesn’t do it for me on that end despite how great the sculpting is.

Depending on how vast the cost difference is between painted and unpainted- and how sloopy the paint itself is, I might get painted and just touch it up myself.

View attachment 699950

Brand new look at sculpted vs. sculpted. Gonna sound like a broken record, but man... the likeness, the scale, the detail all goes to InArt for me. I'm feeling very good about my Standard edition right now.
Glad to see inarts sculpted work improving every time. Those who got sculpted will be very pleased with the final product.

View attachment 699950

Brand new look at sculpted vs. sculpted. Gonna sound like a broken record, but man... the likeness, the scale, the detail all goes to InArt for me. I'm feeling very good about my Standard edition right now.
Biggest surprise for me is them already passing Hot Toys in terms of sculpt sharpness and paint quality. When INART's Joker was announced, I always figured that as long as they can get close to Hot Toys level of production quality, we'll be seeing good things. Never thought they would pass them since Hot Toys has always been known for having the best factory for figures.

HT needs to get rid of that smooth and shiny finish their sculpts have been producing as of late. I wonder if them having to output such a huge amount of figures per year has started taking effect on their production quality, compared to INART who takes a longer time.

Biggest surprise for me is them already passing Hot Toys in terms of sculpt sharpness and paint quality. When INART's Joker was announced, I always figured that as long as they can get close to Hot Toys level of production quality, we'll be seeing good things. Never thought they would pass them since Hot Toys has always been known for having the best factory for figures.

HT needs to get rid of that smooth and shiny finish their sculpts have been producing as of late. I wonder if them having to output such a huge amount of figures per year has started taking effect on their production quality, compared to INART who takes a longer time.

I don’t think its an issue of volume so much as it is JC Hong, while being talented in his own right, having been the lead art director for HT since the beginning.
As you’d already alluded to: their sculpts all have the same-y kind of look and finish. Ranging from stylized to idealized, coupled with the same kind of paint and finish applied to all of their portraits…they’ve been sticking to their methods for years which is what created that stagnant feeling I and other collectors have been feeling for so long.

Either InArt have discovered a new way of creating cast/molds…or HT just didn’t care enough to improve that area of figure production.

I don’t think its an issue of volume so much as it is JC Hong, while being talented in his own right, having been the lead art director for HT since the beginning.
As you’d already alluded to: their sculpts all have the same-y kind of look and finish. Ranging from stylized to idealized, coupled with the same kind of paint and finish applied to all of their portraits…they’ve been sticking to their methods for years which is what created that stagnant feeling I and other collectors have been feeling for so long.

Either InArt have discovered a new way of creating cast/molds…or HT just didn’t care enough to improve that area of figure production.

100% agreed with both of you.

That’s why I appreciate the attention to detail and effort from inart (so far). Every character has different facial textures and smoothness, but Hot Toys basically applies the same paint apps to ALL figures… which ideally, isn’t right. I get they’re operating on a whole ’nother scale, but that’s why I said “ideally”

Aren't they operating with a different price range too. The sculpted hair version from Inart is still $100 more right?

Aren't they operating with a different price range too. The sculpted hair version from Inart is still $100 more right?
Ehh, kinda. It's true that sculpted InArt was $75 more than the Collector edition HT (the lowest tier), but that figure inexplicably didn't come with the sticky bomb gun, so he has an empty holster. To actually get a complete Battinson, you have to spring for the Deluxe which is only $40 less than InArt. Granted, it comes with a diorama, but InArt has real diecast and more accessories, so it's still not a one-to-one comparison.

Ehh, kinda. It's true that sculpted InArt was $75 more than the Collector edition HT (the lowest tier), but that figure inexplicably didn't come with the sticky bomb gun, so he has an empty holster. To actually get a complete Battinson, you have to spring for the Deluxe which is only $40 less than InArt. Granted, it comes with a diorama, but InArt has real diecast and more accessories, so it's still not a one-to-one comparison.
The sculpted Hot Toys was $305 + taxes + shipping from Sideshow= about $340-$350 shipped. InArt sculpted was $380 shipped ($370 w/ coupon) from Kit. We are looking at $20-$40 difference depending on if you used the coupon that was available

Back