InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I have to say, the fact that Batman even wears a cape probably requires the most suspension of disbelief. I couldn't imagine a more impractical potentially dangerous bit of kit to wear fighting crime than a freaking cape. I mean for real, imagine a cop wearing a ******* blanket, how easy would it be to get hands on him and just completely incapacitate him with it, lol.
I mean they did show that in film. Riddler goons grabbed the end and almost threw him off the scaffold at Gotham square garden in the final fight. But he also uses that cape as his wings suit. That is why it's made of a light weight parachute type material.

I mean they did show that in film. Riddler goons grabbed the end and almost threw him off the scaffold at Gotham square garden in the final fight. But he also uses that cape as his wings suit. That is why it's made of a light weight parachute type material.
I feel like some kind of back pack or something, like in TDK, would help give it some "real world" rationale. Like the cape retracts into his suit when not in active use, to prevent all that dumb **** from happening because of it. I would not want to get in a brawl with a dozen dudes with a five foot liability hanging off my shoulders to the floor. I thought Batman was supposed to be a world class brain? I have no college degree, and even I see the flaw in that design. ha ha ha.

Though I have to say, the fact that Batman even wears a cape probably requires the most suspension of disbelief. I couldn't imagine a more impractical potentially dangerous bit of kit to wear fighting crime than a freaking cape. I mean for real, imagine a cop wearing a ******* blanket, how easy would it be to get hands on him and just completely incapacitate him with it, lol.
Yup. I think about that as well. I know they try to explain it sometimes. Like in Batman Begins during the first night out when he's leaping from heights and he gets himself hurt. The idea of the cape came from a need to allow himself to break a fall. Of course they really exaggerated that in The Dark Knight when he leaps after Rachel. Probably the only scene I don't like in that film.

I also think the bat symbol on the chest is really stupid. He wouldn't have that. He's not usually standing there giving people a chance to get a good look at him.

You can also say the same about the ears protruding from his head.

One of the reasons I prefer Begins over TDK, is the more stylized, heightened approach helps to sell these things better.

The Dark Knight becomes even more grounded, the Batman gimmick takes a back seat really. It doesn't feel so much like a Batman film anymore.

With Pattinson, I get the sense it's more believable, because he's a younger, edgier, and more disturbed Bruce Wayne. He's an absolute nutjob. And it helps that criminals and cops alike laugh about it and call him out for being a freak. Addressing it like that is almost breaking the 4th wall.

I also like how your point about it being impractical is addressed in the film, when the two Riddler goons grab his cape and start dragging him around, lol.

Yeah the comics have at various times tried to give those costume elements a rational explanation. Like the bat symbol on his chest was bullet proof and meant to draw gun fire away from his face and stomach. In Batman Begins the ears hold the radio communication devices to talk to Alfred. Etc. But I agree, it works better when you just lean into the fantasy of it, like Burton's Batman, which was practically a gothic horror figure. Knox even refers to him a "six foot vampire". Once you try going "real" world, the logic gets stretched too far. In Rises they had Batman running around in broad daylight in that suit, and it just looks ridiculous. Batman suit needs shadows! Otherwise he's just a handsome man on his way to New York Comic Con.

That's why I prefer the cape to have some practical use. Obviously he can never fly but it's cool when he can glide from rooftops ala the Arkham games.

The cape felt a big part of his look with the Burton and Nolan films. Whether it was gliding or merely theatrics, being able to cloak himself and further the myth of the giant bat.

Hopefully the cape evolves with the rest of the suit in the Pattinson sequels.

Forget the cape, how about the mask.

Anyone put on a cowl before? It’s the most uncomfortable thing imaginable. I don’t care if it’s Keaton’s, Kilmer’s, Clooney’s, Bale’s, Affleck’s or Pattison’s. It is hot, uncomfortable, severely limits your movement and your peripheral vision is gone. Imagine trying to fight, do any kind of work or drive with it on.

The whole idea of Batman is unrealistic to begin with. Not sure why the cape is the point to focus on. :lol People would find out that Batman was Bruce Wayne on the first day he goes viral.
Every thing about Batman makes sense apart from the cape, dammit, and you know it.

its-still.gif

I will have no more slander of Batman….

DC should lose the cape, ears, and chest symbol, and reboot the character as Black Man

I get you and it’s literally the only film I do that with. It’s actually my favourite film, I also suffer from anxiety and rewatch TV and films over and over, as they become comfort viewing due to familiarity. 🦇

Holy crap, I thought I was the only one!

d11e46bf-6e21-435a-9364-237e778dea0a_text.gif

I have so many 4K/BD movies and shows I haven’t gotten to yet😅😅

Is Pattinson's cape supposed to be bulletproof? I imagine that wouldn't work with the nature of the material, and its function as a wingsuit. But I wouldn't know really. The mother****** gets shot at A LOT in this movie. I would love to see a cut where one of those bullets hit his face and he just.. awkwardly dies.

Is Pattinson's cape supposed to be bulletproof? I imagine that wouldn't work with the nature of the material, and its function as a wingsuit. But I wouldn't know really. The mother****** gets shot at A LOT in this movie. I would love to see a cut where one of those bullets hit his face and he just.. awkwardly dies.
1714062735679.jpeg

Forget the cape, how about the mask.

Anyone put on a cowl before? It’s the most uncomfortable thing imaginable. I don’t care if it’s Keaton’s, Kilmer’s, Clooney’s, Bale’s, Affleck’s or Pattison’s. It is hot, uncomfortable, severely limits your movement and your peripheral vision is gone. Imagine trying to fight, do any kind of work or drive with it on.
Yeah, I remember Bale saying in several BTS vids how he couldn't hear a damn thing in the cowl. I mean he's literally covering his ears completely with sound absorbing rubber. Think how easy it would be to sneak up on Batman in that thing.

That was one of my gripes…

He ‘tanked’ one too many bullets and shot gun blasts for my liking.

And yeah I think his cape is bullet proof.

Yeah, I remember Bale saying in several BTS vids how he couldn't hear a damn thing in the cowl. I mean he's literally covering his ears completely with sound absorbing rubber. Think how easy it would be to sneak up on Batman in that thing.

Well it’s a good thing he does the sneaking around first…😁😉

Back