Inappropriate Tweets cost High School Football Star a Whole Lot.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
This Yuri Wright saga is really getting big.

Don Bosco Prep cornerback Yuri Wright, who has listed Rutgers among his final suitors, was expelled from the school Wednesday for comments he made on Twitter. The tweets — which began in July, spanned the football season and continued until as late as Jan. 7, according to a screen grab of his feed posted on several websites — were sexually graphic and racial in nature. His account was subsequently taken down and phone calls made in an attempt to reach him were unsuccessful.

His Tweets cost him his place at Michigan, probably Notre Dame, and all of his college possibilities are now in jeopardy because if he doesn't graduate high school or is forced to go to another school, it puts him in a strange positioning in terms of being able to offer him anything.

ARTICLES:
https://espn.go.com/college-sports/...wright-twitter-posts-cost-college-scholarship

https://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/fo..._yuri_wright_expelled_for_graphic_tweets.html

A Link with a snapshot of a couple of his tweets (Note: he either misspells or actually thinks that "orgasm" is actually spelled "organism".)

https://gothamist.com/2012/01/20/new_jersey_teen_football_whiz_expel.php

Freedom of speech doesn't mean people have to accept you despite what you say. If its bad enough that people don't even want to repeat what he said, then it must have been pretty bad.

Agreed, the kid was at a Catholic school with a strict rules about conduct. You'd think someone being so heavily recruited would play it a little smarter or at least his folks keeping tabs at least until Signing Day.

If he can play, someone will take him. I think Florida had something like 30 arrests of its players while Urban Meyer was there. Marcus Vick committed more criminal acts than you could count before he was booted from Virginia Tech.

If he can play, someone will take him. I think Florida had something like 30 arrests of its players while Urban Meyer was there. Marcus Vick committed more criminal acts than you could count before he was booted from Virginia Tech.
That is assuming he can complete HS. He was more then likely at this HS on scholarship and a lot of these schools are not known for the hard academic standards for their athletic standouts. He may have a hard time passing the last few classes he needs to make it through the clearinghouse. If he can clear for scholarship he will get a scholarship.

Lol...guess that lecture I had at school back in 2006 that warned us about the danger of using Facebook/Twitter/Myspace can get you in trouble was right after all. Big brother is always watching you need to careful of what you post out there.

He should be able to get a GED without much problem.
I dont believe a GED would make the clearinghouse requirements. They have to have passed so many years of certain classes and if I remember right you would have had to passed 4 years of English so I doubt he would fulfill that requirement no finishing HS.

His scholarships may not hold out for that. He is at the beginning of a semester for the school which leaves his shy of half a year in order to graduate. Signing day is in February (the 1st?) and some of those scholarships being shopped to him are as limited as 25. Not to mention while he is 3rd in his position and 40th overall nationwide, if a school can offer the same scholarship to #4 in his position or even #41, 42 in the nation without dealing with this headache, they just might, but I'm not sure how the GED or what he has to do at this point to get it will affect his standings overall.

I couldn't help but laugh at those tweets based how stupid they sound. In any case it looks like he could use some college at the very least.

I couldn't help but laugh at those tweets based how stupid they sound. In any case it looks like he could use some college at the very least.

Use some college? Like these kids? adults? :lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/KAYlwWgEeO4[/ame]

EDIT: I'm laughing my ass off...this video needs it's own thread. :)

That's too bad really.
You know when you're young you don't think about stuff like, YOUR FUTURE.

Oh well. Some school will get him anyway because in our society, football is more important than any "organism".

Exactly, sports don't care how stupid or ignorant you are, they only care if you're good enough to make them money. Sad state that we live in.

Back