In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I applaud you for watching the saga so often! :clap

I think HF still has it. You should really watch Cowboys and Aliens to see how Indy SHOULD be at his age. Dollarhyde, the character he plays in C&A is truly the old man version of Indy from Raiders and Temple.

(I still like KOTCS over LC)

I saw C&A when it came out, definitely got an Indy vibe from him there. Going by that, he can play Indy at least once more.

Poor KOTCS looks so lonely there all the way at the bottom :rotfl

I can't help but wonder what KOTCS might've been like had it been made in the 90s, not that long after TLC. But I guess with the Young Indy show at the time that was considered to be the 90s Indy and Steven was probably too busy with his other projects during that time like JP.

Oh yeah...KOTCS was on last night.

I flipped it on when shia was getting hit in the ***** by plants while he was sword fighting straddling to moving vehicles.

A terrible, terrible movie....and the Shia thing gets worse with age, not better.

TLC
ROTLA
KOTCS

TOD is left off the list because I actively dislike it.

Yep, I'm just a little different. ;)

Oh yeah...KOTCS was on last night.

I flipped it on when shia was getting hit in the ***** by plants while he was sword fighting straddling to moving vehicles.

A terrible, terrible movie....and the Shia thing gets worse with age, not better.

While I like the film much better than before, I agree that part is awful. If you deleted it and some of the other sillier parts of the film it'd help it immensely.

While I like the film much better than before, I agree that part is awful. If you deleted it and some of the other sillier parts of the film it'd help it immensely.

Much like another Lucas film disguised as a Star Wars movie called The Phantom Menace.

I haven't seen any of the SW prequels since they came out in theaters. I remember liking TPM when I saw it but who knows if my opinion will change all this time later. I was 12 when I saw it so certainly I could look at it very differently.

I haven't seen any of the SW prequels since they came out in theaters. I remember liking TPM when I saw it but who knows if my opinion will change all this time later. I was 12 when I saw it so certainly I could look at it very differently.

Well,...it was made and marketed for a 12 year old, so im not surprised.

I was around 25 and it wasnt exactly what the fans who created the great following were hoping to see....

At least now it will be made that way with the new films.

I've been wanting to re-visit the SW prequels for a long time, haven't seen any since they were in theaters. How they've held up will be anybody's guess. All I know is the original trilogy will always be untouchable.

1) Last Crusade - By far my favorite. It's got humor, heart, action, adventure, Connery, memorable lines, and better musical themes than the others.
2) Raiders - Still a classic movie, and great in all respects, but I feel LC beats it overall. Still one of my favorites!
3) Crystal Skull - It had the jungle chase, which in my opinion, is the worst sequence in any Indy movie, AND it had terrible CGI, but over all, good and bad, it was a decent movie.
4) Temple of Doom - It has some good things going for it, but in the end, I just HATE HATE HATE both Willie Scott and Short Round. They completely ruin the movie for me every time they open their mouths.

1.ROTLA
2.TOD

in 3, Indy is just the guest star. Sean steals the show.
in 4, there is no "real" Indy at all and all the facts are wrong.

3) Crystal Skull - It had the jungle chase, which in my opinion, is the worst sequence in any Indy movie, AND it had terrible CGI, but over all, good and bad, it was a decent movie.

I've grown to like that sequence much more now, and don't even mind the swinging monkeys too much anymore.

I think HF still has it. You should really watch Cowboys and Aliens to see how Indy SHOULD be at his age. Dollarhyde, the character he plays in C&A is truly the old man version of Indy from Raiders and Temple.

On this subject, seeing him in the Ender's Game trailer he looks very good for his age and definitely able enough to do at least one more entry.

That GIF reminds me how much I love that shot of him from TOD right before he punches the Thuggee guard. Probably my favorite shot of him from the whole saga.

It's the order they came out in, law of diminishing returns played out to its natural conclusion. If Connery hadn't played pop it might have nudged in front of Temple.

Back