In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.) Raiders
2.) Temple of Doom
3.) Last Crusade

Last Crusade is #3 by a long margin, not even close to RotLA or ToD for me.

JSA

Raiders first, then the underated Temple of Doom followed closely by the Last Crusade. Then KOTCS.

The other day my niece wanted to watch all the Indy movies. She liked Raiders, Loved TOD and TLC. Turned of KOTCS.

Temple of doom is the ultimate adventure though, the action, the humor, the setting..simply fantastic. TLC was great as well. The movie was simple, but everything worked..I still enjoy as much as when I saw it in theatre for the first time. Raiders is simply the best. Storywise and characterwise.

KOTCS...I enjoyed it, but I felt nothing to revisit it often. It starts out as an indy movie up until the part where they are captured by the russians.

Raiders first, then the underated Temple of Doom followed closely by the Last Crusade. Then KOTCS.

The other day my niece wanted to watch all the Indy movies. She liked Raiders, Loved TOD and TLC. Turned of KOTCS.

Temple of doom is the ultimate adventure though, the action, the humor, the setting..simply fantastic. TLC was great as well. The movie was simple, but everything worked..I still enjoy as much as when I saw it in theatre for the first time. Raiders is simply the best. Storywise and characterwise.

KOTCS...I enjoyed it, but I felt nothing to revisit it often. It starts out as an indy movie up until the part where they are captured by the russians.

Word for word :goodpost:

I forgot to ask, what's everyone's favorite version of Indy in the series? I definitely most like Temple Of Doom Indy, he's so heroic and hardcore in that movie, but he still has a lot of heart with how he frees the slave children and ends the Thuggee cult, when initially he only wanted the Sankara Stones for the fame and wealth they would've brought him. I also like how he basically is thrusted into the adventure unexpectedly in TOD and he's definitely at his craziest in that movie. The rope bridge scene says it all.

I forgot to ask, what's everyone's favorite version of Indy in the series? I definitely most like Temple Of Doom Indy, he's so heroic and hardcore in that movie, but he still has a lot of heart with how he frees the slave children and ends the Thuggee cult, when initially he only wanted the Sankara Stones for the fame and wealth they would've brought him. I also like how he basically is thrusted into the adventure unexpectedly in TOD and he's definitely at his craziest in that movie. The rope bridge scene says it all.

Absolutely

To me, the films are in the order they were released:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

KOTCS was really just another George Lucas middle finger...
The trailer was pretty good though...

I thought I really wanted them to make an Indy 5,...but now, I know for sure that they won't be able to capture the magic of the first three again.
Thus it will just be a production to milk the masses...

I was kind of disappointed Harrison Ford agreed to the last script when that's what he said was holding him up for ten years...

I wonder if Indy 5 will be made at all now, considering Harrison is turning 70 this year and Spielberg has other projects lined up.

I wonder if Indy 5 will be made at all now, considering Harrison is turning 70 this year and Spielberg has other projects lined up.

Unfortunately is sounds very much like it will. George has confirmed himself he's working on it and Steve and Harrison both want to do it. If Lucas does retire however and won't be on set at all, it could work.

I'd be all for a fifth one if the story is good and Harrison is still in prime shape to do it. I'd imagine he could still do the basic acting scenes easily enough but the more complex and challenging physical stunts will definitely need to be done by a younger double.

I'd be up for a fifth. Why not? It won't ruin the first three for me. Kotcs didn't ruin it then. Kingdom was fun up to the part they got captured by the russians. Then indy turner into a follower, not the leader we known him to be. Like i said before...kotcs wasn't all bad. I just don't feel the magic that makes me want to revisit it often.

I'd like to see a fifth made as well, so long as Harrison is in good shape for it and the script is good.

I'd be up for a fifth. Why not? It won't ruin the first three for me. Kotcs didn't ruin it then. Kingdom was fun up to the part they got captured by the russians. Then indy turner into a follower, not the leader we known him to be. Like i said before...kotcs wasn't all bad. I just don't feel the magic that makes me want to revisit it often.

He was captured by the Russians before the movie even started!

So... You are 100% accurate!

Like i said before...kotcs wasn't all bad. I just don't feel the magic that makes me want to revisit it often.

Yeah, I think that's because it was nearly 20 years after the last movie and there was no way KOTCS would live up to fan expectations after such a long wait.

Yeah, I think that's because it was nearly 20 years after the last movie and there was no way KOTCS would live up to fan expectations after such a long wait.

I don't think "we" as fans should expect less in our expectations. Lucas and Spielberg set the bar. KOTCS fell way short of it based on decisions they made but didn't have to. Even if you aren't a fan of the "story" I think the film could have been a lot better if the integrity of some of the decisons in how to execute without getting "too cute" would have remained true.

I think so as well. As I've said, I don't think KOTCS was that bad but it still needed work in some spots.

To each their own. I thought KOTCS was entertaining but for a comeback sequel could've been so much better, and should've.

Back