In A Galaxy Not So Far Away: The Star Wars Filming Locations of the U.S.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads-up and updates on this for those interested...

The book is out and available via Amazon and elsewhere.

We will be featured in Cris Macht's upcoming documentary, THE FORCE WITHIN US.

There is stuff in the works that may coincide with filming of the new Sequel Trilogy, including travel books and documentaries.

A guide to International Locations is in the works.

And... We've been cleared to offer guided tours of the Death Valley locations! It's still early, but we've been working on lots of planning and ideas already.

To that end, we've created a website and the following Facebook page (literally just launched tonight), where I invite you to Like/Follow if you want to get the latest updates in the future (I won't keep necroposting and spamming the Freaks board. :lol)

https://www.facebook.com/StarWarsRoadTrips

Anyway, hope to see some of you "on the road" someday. ;) :rock

Great to hear Irish! I don't know what Lucas did for you but I'm happy you're back with the Star Wars brand!

Link to book on Amazon:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Away-Filming-Locations-United/dp/0982784864/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360087210&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+filming+locations[/ame]

To that end, we've created a website and the following Facebook page (literally just launched tonight), where I invite you to Like/Follow if you want to get the latest updates in the future (I won't keep necroposting and spamming the Freaks board. :lol)

https://www.facebook.com/StarWarsRoadTrips

Anyway, hope to see some of you "on the road" someday. ;) :rock

Liked. :rock

Great to hear Irish! I don't know what Lucas did for you but I'm happy you're back with the Star Wars brand!

Lucas retired. :lol

:lol Thanks guys.

Actually, there was a "breaking of the bread" type thing that happened between us and Lucasfilm sometime last year. And the new regime has cleared up some stuff as well, and filled us with new hope (there's that cliche again!) on more than just the future films.

We actually started this process back in April of last year, when we took Cris Macht's documentary team on a tour of the locations in Death Valley. I'll be honest, at first it was just a free trip and an excuse for me to get my GF to wear the Slave Leia bikini for promotional photos :lol But it actually morphed into a pretty cool endeavor with some interesting opportunities. Be sure to follow us. :duff

Just posted this on the page but will share here as well for a taste:

163325_524741847565365_1987118917_n.jpg

This is a very good shot of Buttercup Valley in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreational Area just across the California border close to Yuma, AZ. That flat area in the center with the shrubbery? That's the actual Buttercup Valley, where the Jabba's Sail Barge sequence was filmed for "Return of The Jedi" in 1982 under the guise of "Blue Harvest". We first visited in the site in 2005. Believe it or not, artifacts from the production still remain buried under the hot sand. Sprite cans from 1982 and even rubber pieces of the Sarlacc itself have been recovered, having been fairly well preserved in the extremely dry climate.

Back