Immortality in 20 years says Scientist!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too right. All they want is people to pay taxes forever. I'm not taking it. I'll do anything, to get out of life, to survive.

Wow... This really sounds like Sci-Fi to me... There are interesting bits in there but some scary s*** too!!! :horror

Just think of the people who are so preoccupied with games like World Of Warcraft and stuff like that ( and I don't judge them for that or anything) and then think about the possibility of actually going to a virtual reality world, like that professor in the article said. There will be lifeless bodies laying around everywhere I'd imagine from people who just have turned off some of their brainfunctions and are living the good life in their own fantasy worlds :google

And because our bodies will be more or less cybernetic, requireing less food and stuff like that, they won't be able to die from malnutricion or things like that...

Maybe it's what the machines ultimately want... To have every human living in their own perfect fantasy world, so they can use the bodies for energy or something like in the Matrix... Or to destroy them without being opposed...

I say mankinds Doom is coming in about 20 years, not immortality :horror

I say it's time to start forming the RESISTANCE!!! Who is with me :lol

There is absolutely no good that can come from living long periods like that. Niether overpopulation Nor the stopping of new life are very attractive futures.

our extending normal life span is already exposing increasing issues like dementia, alzheimers, etc. Even if my body was capable of living off medications until I was 120 I don't need to bankrupt my children and my children's children trying to keep from dying from mental illness which is nowhere near being cured.

If they make it so we can live forever procrastination will be at an all time high. "Should i go to college right out of highschool? Nah I will wait 80 years and then go." Can you imagine the mortgage loans? A $1,000,000 paid over 1000 years is $1000 a month. Yeah the banks want people to live forever. they can get rid of the if you die the loan is forgiven clause in the contract.

I, for one, will let them build me as a cyborg ala General Grievous so I can live forever. Until someone civilized kills me with an uncivilized weapon.

Mr Kurzweil adds that although his claims may seem far-fetched, artificial pancreases and neural implants are already available.

I like the way that sounds! :naughty

Back