[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The truth is all of this stuff is technically worthless. The value is solely based on demand. So if a better rendition of the character comes out, be it officially licensed or from another custom artist the demand and hence the value will drop.

Numbers quantities, editions,they all mean jack squat to me. Denny could offer this figure unlimited until the end of time and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

The truth is all of this stuff is technically worthless. The value is solely based on demand. So if a better rendition of the character comes out, be it officially licensed or from another custom artist the demand and hence the value will drop.

Numbers quantities, editions,they all mean jack squat to me. Denny could offer this figure unlimited until the end of time and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Ultimately, the only thing that matters, is that I have this figure on my shelf right now.

Wait, so, are we talking about an art box for those who buy all three? I suppose that's pretty cool, but damn, now I'm jealous.:lol Just out of curiosity, though, wouldn't that raise the price for folks? Believe me, I'd love nothing more than high quality packaging for each of IMINIME's releases, but, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? They probably get the black boxes with the brand wholesale, and probably a lot cheaper than if each had custom artwork.

Wait, so, are we talking about an art box for those who buy all three? I suppose that's pretty cool, but damn, now I'm jealous.:lol Just out of curiosity, though, wouldn't that raise the price for folks? Believe me, I'd love nothing more than high quality packaging for each of IMINIME's releases, but, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? They probably get the black boxes with the brand wholesale, and probably a lot cheaper than if each had custom artwork.

$1550 is a lot of money. SO if Denny can find an affordable solution for packaging that puts all three figures in one box he wants to do it.

Come on man. Would love to have the box with a awesome artwork. If you have probs sell the old one at same cost as you bought and buy this one. No love lost eh! ...
Dont take our box away. :) ... Lol...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

$1550 is a lot of money. SO if Denny can find an affordable solution for packaging that puts all three figures in one box he wants to do it.

Wake to me it makes complete sense. I think, and am sure the end play for any creator like Denny would be to leave a mark with each and every thing he does. A tri set could go down in history as a piece of art. A box would be a great way for a marksmanship. My view its time denny has a "logo" unless he already has one! I am assuming i will get some benefits of some ideas i throw :) for now only getting black eyes.

Now with all this talk i need to figure the funds lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok... here's what to expect...

the Cowboy WILL be available again as part of the GBU Trio Collection. The price of the colleciton is $1550. Boots will be resin. The prices for Tuco and Angel Eyes have been tentatively set for $450 each that sets the price for Cowboy at a premium $650. The edition will be extremely limited. between 10-20.

The price on the new sets will be higher due to increased outfit and accessories production costs. This is accross the board. Not a CS increase and unlike some people believe not AT ALL tied to CS involvement. The fact is labor costs are rising, Denny has needed to increase his pricing to remain profitable. Consider how much more detailed figures are now than they were in Iminime's early days. These GBU characters have intricate tailoring and will be lightly weathered.

Denny is also working on a box that will accomodate the whole set.

***The above prices are tentative and subject to change... but i think they are mostly accurate

Is there a chance that the new resin boots can be made available separately for those who want to purchase for the original Cowboy?

Come on man. Would love to have the box with a awesome artwork. If you have probs sell the old one at same cost as you bought and buy this one. No love lost eh! ...
Dont take our box away. :) ... Lol...

"Ours;" I thought you said you'd never pay that much?:nana::lol Nah, I like art boxes, but not that much. As far as I'm concerned, I'm only going to see the box until the figures on a shelf, so it's pretty inconsequential in the long run, honestly. That being said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious of someone experiencing all three of these, for the first time, simultaneously.:lol Just make sure one of you folks takes a video, at least.

This sure does sound like a cool set (and smart -- love that they're giving people that missed Blondie the chance to acquire it as part of this set, as opposed to trying the secondary market). Great idea about having three figures in one large artbox, too. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

"Ours;" I thought you said you'd never pay that much?:nana::lol Nah, I like art boxes, but not that much. As far as I'm concerned, I'm only going to see the box until the figures on a shelf, so it's pretty inconsequential in the long run, honestly. That being said, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious of someone experiencing all three of these, for the first time, simultaneously.:lol Just make sure one of you folks takes a video, at least.

See u dont read carefully.

Summary:

1) I said i wont spend 1500 on 1 figure as a mark up. I also said that its unfair to charge higher unless its production cost.
2) I also said that if someone buys all 3 its a huge commit from that person at one go so should have some difference or kewl factor. I stick to all my points.
3) We have to be fare to denny and wake and team to do what they want how they want so long the interest is "art" and not to protect some interests.

Lastly, For all i know even if i gather money i may not get lucky as i am never lucky when it comes to this Small window preorders as i travel a lot. So i just hope a list goes up and denny and team get a better idea on how many to make and hence all good. But i know that may never happen.

I think i need to go on a fast and save some $$ :) :)

My bad. When you said I'd never pay mark-up that high, and that you'd just wait for a custom artist to do it, I assumed you meant that you'd just wait for another custom artist to tackle Blondie, rather than paying the extra $200. Again, my mistake, brother!:hi5:

That being said, I wasn't joking about the video; if the trio's all it's cracked up to be, I want to see that beautiful bastard unboxed when the time comes.:lol

My bad. When you said I'd never pay mark-up that high, and that you'd just wait for a custom artist to do it, I assumed you meant that you'd just wait for another custom artist to tackle Blondie, rather than paying the extra $200. Again, my mistake, brother!:hi5:

That being said, I wasn't joking about the video; if the trio's all it's cracked up to be, I want to see that beautiful bastard unboxed when the time comes.:lol

if i end up securing one (as in if it does not get sold out) i will surely post it for you brother. i am still learning the curve on custom and i regret all the umpteen hot toys i bought last whole year. but trying to resist the need to sell. lets see. but this trio set would be high up on my list.

Just got this in today, all I can say is there's a snowball's chance in he l l that this sculpt could be topped:thud:

blondierevised004_zps4f405256.jpg

:clap:clap:clap Very Impressive,

thank you so much,.....!!! very nice photos!!

Wow, thank you Denny Kim and glad you enjoyed my photos. I was fortunate enough to pick up this amazing head sculpt and clothing set from your site and put this figure together. I can't wait for the opportunity to get the rest of the trio and have Tuco & Angel Eyes standing on the shelf next to Blondie :)

Just got this in today, all I can say is there's a snowball's chance in he l l that this sculpt could be topped:thud:

Congrats on the new addition to the collection and love the picture brotha :clap

For guys saying they won't buy the other two without Blondie. With Denny's head and clothing set u can put to gather a pretty good Blondie. That's what I did, I was able to just about find everything iminime used to complete my cowboy excepte the gun but I found a pretty good alternate. I was even able to score the exact same boots that were used, u just gotta dig and dig and u can find the parts. I will post pics once all parts arrive.

Wow, thank you Denny Kim and glad you enjoyed my photos. I was fortunate enough to pick up this amazing head sculpt and clothing set from your site and put this figure together. I can't wait for the opportunity to get the rest of the trio and have Tuco & Angel Eyes standing on the shelf next to Blondie :)

Congrats on the new addition to the collection and love the picture brotha :clap

You've got some fantastic pics, brother! If only we could see a day where a Duke of this caliber could stand shoulder to shoulder with "Manco." :hi5:

For guys saying they won't buy the other two without Blondie. With Denny's head and clothing set u can put to gather a pretty good Blondie. That's what I did, I was able to just about find everything iminime used to complete my cowboy excepte the gun but I found a pretty good alternate. I was even able to score the exact same boots that were used, u just gotta dig and dig and u can find the parts. I will post pics once all parts arrive.

Is the head sculpt still available? I only see clothing option.

Back