[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cost analysis, what makes sense and what doesn't. If Denny were to upgrade the bodies and the packaging, we all agree that the price point goes up. So, I rather pay $40-$50 less and change the body and hands if I choose. My choice. The items that I am not qualified to change myself (clothing, sculpt, paint, etc) here is where I want the money spent. The box, body, hands, I'm not concerned with because they are easily replaced/upgraded and the choice is mine.

Ok, make THIS my new fave words of wisdom post of today.

Lahkota's is bumped to 2nd

What word you talking about?

Okay listen to this I was in Korea in 1986 and hungry I met a man named Denny, he took me to a shelter and handed me a Godzilla 1953 figure. He told me " boy this is your salvation ,Rock , your insperation, keep it secret, keep it safe. He left in long flowing black robes. Three years later I was the fry cook at a Korean BBQ named Kum Kum chicken. Mr. Kim returned to Kum Kum chicken ordered a spicy kimchi chicken burger and " whispered is it secret is it safe?"

After work I took him to my shack and returned his Godzilla figure, he then threw it in the fire and melted it. I asked him why he did that? he said internet bad interview made him sad so he destroyed Godzilla, we cried for weeks

Okay listen to this I was in Korea in 1986 and hungry I met a man named Denny, he took me to a shelter and handed me a Godzilla 1953 figure. He told me " boy this is your salvation ,Rock , your insperation, keep it secret, keep it safe. He left in long flowing black robes. Three years later I was the fry cook at a Korean BBQ named Kum Kum chicken. Mr. Kim returned to Kum Kum chicken ordered a spicy kimchi chicken burger and " whispered is it secret is it safe?"

After work I took him to my shack and returned his Godzilla figure, he then threw it in the fire and melted it. I asked him why he did that? he said internet bad interview made him sad so he destroyed Godzilla, we cried for weeks

Win_the_Internet.gif

:lol:lol:lol

Dude I'm jumping in my car and driving to Deadwood right now to chill with you in the hospital

Cost analysis, what makes sense and what doesn't. If Denny were to upgrade the bodies and the packaging, we all agree that the price point goes up. So, I rather pay $40-$50 less and change the body and hands if I choose. My choice. The items that I am not qualified to change myself (clothing, sculpt, paint, etc) here is where I want the money spent. The box, body, hands, I'm not concerned with because they are easily replaced/upgraded and the choice is mine.

Correctamundo!

Mike drop it, you do realise he has no intention of getting any tangible result. All he wants is to continue bickering and get the last post so that he can come off as some winner. He gets off on it. Let him be. He will take specific words from you and then launch it back at you with hyperbole and keep pressing on points that not even the customers are interested in. He doesn't give a crap about Clipper or anyone. He will take stands per se simply to create more drama but is clever enough to just stop short of breaking a guideline/rule. (Though one time that whole Bill the Butcher was too close to his share market err... Heart and led him to an infraction) he has become more cautious since that and now will piggyback and incite others to get his flaming done

Mike drop it, you do realise he has no intention of getting any tangible result. All he wants is to continue bickering and get the last post so that he can come off as some winner. He gets off on it. Let him be. He will take specific words from you and then launch it back at you with hyperbole and keep pressing on points that not even the customers are interested in. He doesn't give a crap about Clipper or anyone. He will take stands per se simply to create more drama but is clever enough to just stop short of breaking a guideline/rule. (Though one time that whole Bill the Butcher was too close to his share market err... Heart and led him to an infraction) he has become more cautious since that and now will piggyback and incite others to get his flaming done

Agreed & dropped :duff

I said that I wouldn't respond and then I couldn't help myself. Figure politics pump my nads

giphy.gif

I think there is something lost in translation between clippers "constructive" critisism, everyone would obviously love new bodies or a true type.

but is the fact a body isnt the best on the market a reason to talk so negatively about a companies progression? Iminime, from what I've seen in a year alone has come a long way in terms of quality. It's a lot to do with his tone and downright 1/5 bias scores that i think threw a lot of people off.

I think you're right, a lot went sideways because he's not savvy to the ways of the custom world and how small the community is. He was just doing what he does and by not being well learned enough in customs he made some wrong assessments but didn't realize that he was going to offend people. People who were offended lashed out, he got offended and lashed back, and it all went a little further than it should have.

Hopefully the smoke can clear, all can be forgotten and everyone can start fresh. He was just doing his thing and though the honesty was a bit more brutal and abrasive than is usually used in this landscape where the artists/producers actually read/listen to reviews, I really think he was just trying to drive his point and wasn't intending to offend anyone.

I think you're right, a lot went sideways because he's not savvy to the ways of the custom world and how small the community is. He was just doing what he does and by not being well learned enough in customs he made some wrong assessments but didn't realize that he was going to offend people. People who were offended lashed out, he got offended and lashed back, and it all went a little further than it should have.

Hopefully the smoke can clear, all can be forgotten and everyone can start fresh. He was just doing his thing and though the honesty was a bit more brutal and abrasive than is usually used in this landscape where the artists/producers actually read/listen to reviews, I really think he was just trying to drive his point and wasn't intending to offend anyone.

:duff :goodpost: :hi5:

Godzilla debuted in 1954 :lol

You're Slipping Anthony!
Hey Chubbyman Korea is in a different time zone so the year Godzilla was invented is irrelevant.

Second year's later Denny appeared in robes of white and on his mule Turbo, turbo wasnsnt the fastest animal but shure argued with Mr. Kim the White a lot. He also had a huge brute Latino orc named Omar that welded a huge mase, his side kick was a 5" foot tall muscular dwarf name PopCult who brandished a double headed axe. Standing in the way back was Leon the silent mute snipper bucase noone could understand a word he ****ing said. Denny the white explaines to me that we need to leave on a mission to the Mines of Mordor where we would h
Find new hands for his ttm19 kmockoffs......and So the adventure began

of course, no one is questioning his right to review.

it's the bias that came with the review, and the fact he just changes scores from figure to figure even though the box and bodies are the same.
how can you give bateman a 4/5 for articulation, and a 3/5 for box, but blondie a 1/5 for both....? makes no sense, his grading is skewed.

not to mention his disrespect to anyone that at all tried to bring him up to speed with the custom world.
the guy is unable to hold a conversation or debate without being insulting and throwing personal insults.

very good point!! and yet he said he's being honest and fair!!!

Hey Chubbyman Korea is in a different time zone so the year Godzilla was invented is irrelevant.

Second year's later Denny appeared in robes of white and on his mule Turbo, turbo wasnsnt the fastest animal but shure argued with Mr. Kim the White a lot. He also had a huge brute Latino orc named Omar that welded a huge mase, his side kick was a 5" foot tall muscular dwarf name PopCult who brandished a double headed axe. Standing in the way back was Leon the silent mute snipper bucase noone could understand a word he ****ing said. Denny the white explaines to me that we need to leave on a mission to the Mines of Mordor where we would h

BSPOtOy.gif

:lol:hi5:

Bugger! ... Good one! :)

Your finest post yet.

Anthony, I think you should write a children's book.:horror

So having a dope collection of about 100 figs (65% licensed, 35% custom) is looked down upon nowadays. That makes me a hoarder not a collector. Ok bro. You got it :duff

I actually feel pretty qualified and experienced with all that I own. If I'm not on the same grandmaster level of expertise that you are that's fine but after having studied 100 figures I like to believe that I know a thing or two about a thing or two :wave. With a collection like this I'll even go as far as saying I probably have more experience than 80% of the YouTube reviewers out there. So I'm inexperienced because I don't share my opinion on video? There are PLENTY of others just like me who know their s__t and don't post reviews. Your level of expertise isn't defined by how many subscribers you have on The Tube or what your SSF born-on-date is. FYI

I'm no expert of the logistics of either type of business but what's being talked about here is real 101, common sense type stuff; but yet there are some who still struggle to grasp the concepts and keep asking the same frigin' questions....

You spoke my mind, I hope Rick is reading your comments!! There are so many collectors who owns so many figures; they don't make youtube videos or participate in forums.
I was astonished Rick would put up the numbers figures 'he saw and reviewed' as his portfolios,oh also his subscribers and viewership as leverage to threaten Wake and Denny....lol

Back