[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so turbo, you agree Blondie is a 19/35 then.
54% approval. lol....

We need that figure talk Ryno, set it up, this saturday, it has to go down. WAR!

So you wanna just jump onto my channel to rip someone? lol. That's not what figure talk is about. Just upload a YouTube video.

I think a lot is lost in translation on here, and sometimes the sentiment gets lost when the words in people's comments are taken wrong.

But yes, I would love to have a round table discussion about this. I don't do YouTube videos.

Last edited:
of course, no one is questioning his right to review.

it's the bias that came with the review, and the fact he just changes scores from figure to figure even though the box and bodies are the same.
how can you give bateman a 4/5 for articulation, and a 3/5 for box, but blondie a 1/5 for both....? makes no sense, his grading is skewed.

not to mention his disrespect to anyone that at all tried to bring him up to speed with the custom world.
the guy is unable to hold a conversation or debate without being insulting and throwing personal insults.

His grading is maybe influenced by the fact that he's considering what progress or advancements have been made with regard to product vs price. In that respect you can say well there's just no way customs can compete with Hottoys in the arena of advancements in the quality of a figure but for Christ Sakes man, it's legit to say "**** are they still using the same ****** bodies and boring boxes even after so many months past and figures done already!"

That's a legit question to ask! I'm diehard customs and I went into that review thinking "oh boy" but I had to respect it in the end because the guy was straight up fair. If he's talking about custom figure elitist's then he's definately talking about me because I don't want to see the stuff I own on everybody's shelves... That's straight up, It is what it is! But he's not talking **** because he's right about that group of custom figure collectors that want stuff not many people have. He wasn't lying about that, the same way he wasn't lying about those very nice headsculpts or the bodies or the box. Your lucky he didn't get into the wait time for some of this stuff especially when it's a team of people working on it.

In fact the only thing that's changed is the company name

No disrespect but a lot of ya'll are wrong on this one.

Last edited:
What facts other than what he sees in front of him product wise are you talking about man! He gave a review about a figure he actually had in hand and a lot of it was an honest opinion about what he saw from his experience. Who even associates you with being an expert in the logistics of mass produced versus custom work. NewsFlash buddy, Figure Hording and late night pm's doesn't make you an expert at any of this! Please B. :lol

So having a dope collection of about 100 figs (65% licensed, 35% custom) is looked down upon nowadays. That makes me a hoarder not a collector. Ok bro. You got it :duff

I actually feel pretty qualified and experienced with all that I own. If I'm not on the same grandmaster level of expertise that you are that's fine but after having studied 100 figures I like to believe that I know a thing or two about a thing or two :wave. With a collection like this I'll even go as far as saying I probably have more experience than 80% of the YouTube reviewers out there. So I'm inexperienced because I don't share my opinion on video? There are PLENTY of others just like me who know their s__t and don't post reviews. Your level of expertise isn't defined by how many subscribers you have on The Tube or what your SSF born-on-date is. FYI

I'm no expert of the logistics of either type of business but what's being talked about here is real 101, common sense type stuff; but yet there are some who still struggle to grasp the concepts and keep asking the same frigin' questions....

All in all a great thread and an awesome last couple days. Lots of life lessons learned but the one that moved me most was:

One time I met this grasshopper named Skipps. We were friends for two weeks when he told me he was gay. I was really upset with Skipps because all this time licking his ******* I had no clue he was gay . I felt very betrayed and had to kill him the straightest way possible. I put him in a a piece of the Sunday paper and hooped him so hard I almost choked . The moral of the story is you should be friends with everyone and be polite

:yess: :lol:lol

So having a dope collection of about 100 figs (65% licensed, 35% custom) is looked down upon nowadays. That makes me a hoarder not a collector. Ok bro. You got it :duff

I actually feel pretty qualified and experienced with all that I own. If I'm not on the same grandmaster level of expertise that you are that's fine but after having studied 100 figures I like to believe that I know a thing or two about a thing or two :wave. With a collection like this I'll even go as far as saying I probably have more experience than 80% of the YouTube reviewers out there. So I'm inexperienced because I don't share my opinion on video? There are PLENTY of others just like me who know their s__t and don't post reviews. Your level of expertise isn't defined by how many subscribers you have on The Tube or what your SSF born-on-date is. FYI

I'm no expert of the logistics of either type of business but what's being talked about here is real 101, common sense type stuff; but yet there are some who still struggle to grasp the concepts and keep asking the same frigin' questions....

Pop if you are one thing... it's meticulous. Your reviews would be a nitpick nightmare but I sense that you would be able to grade customs and mass produced items on the differing scales they deserve. In that respect your review would be fairer than most.

Pop if you are one thing... it's meticulous. Your reviews would be a nitpick nightmare but I sense that you would be able to grade customs and mass produced items on the differing scales they deserve. In that respect your review would be fairer than most.

Awww come on man! A nightmare?!? :lol :wink1:

I know that I'm meticulous when it comes to suggestions during pre-production, but I feel that what I throw out there is within reason, as I'm pretty aware of, and always try to keep in mind what's feasible and what isn't at a certain price point. After it's all said and done and I do my little reviews on these boards, I think that I keep it fair and honest by praising all of the strong points and also mention the areas that I feel could have been improved. IMO the short comings that I highlight are things that the producer was able to include at the given price point.

But then again WTF do I know. I'm just a noob :lol

Hey Mike, did you get your Lenny unboxed? That body turned out pretty well in the end.

Extremely, extremely, extremely pumped to see first hand :rock

No Lenny yet. All I have is this crappy piece of paper with some writing on it telling me the post office has something for me :banana

Mr. alacarte/super DX. :lol

This is coming from the same guy who's infamous for asking for super DX sets ala carte, but when people talk about getting a decent body with their figures and some slipcover artwork from this company that's a logistics nightmare according to you. :lol

Your Buggin' man.

This is coming from the same guy who's infamous for asking for super DX sets ala carte, but when people talk about getting a decent body with their figures and some slipcover artwork from this company that's a logistics nightmare according to you. :lol

Mr. let's keep Duke light so we can wreck a hall of fame legend release. What were your reasons again? Yeeeeaaa... they made sense :cuckoo:

Super DX ala carte..... hmmmmmmm

Still struggling to grasp why the bodies and boxes that you're suggesting don't fit in this price point? Maybe a 10th guy has to take the mic to explain it AGAIN

I think there is something lost in translation between clippers "constructive" critisism, everyone would obviously love new bodies or a true type.

but is the fact a body isnt the best on the market a reason to talk so negatively about a companies progression? Iminime, from what I've seen in a year alone has come a long way in terms of quality. It's a lot to do with his tone and downright 1/5 bias scores that i think threw a lot of people off.

I won't speak for everyone else... but i can say that one of the things I find to be most egregious is opinions that are not based in knowledge. On the other hand when a person is informed and has demonstrated their breadth of knowledge and competency there's no end to how many opinions I will listen to from said person.

Your Buggin' man.

And why don't you start sharing your brilliant opinions about something that you actually have in hand instead of going off of pics and other people's word? What Iminime figs do you own that have the latest version of the KO? DO you even have this body in hand or do you want to keep talking ignorantly about something that you don't have any hands on experience with? In case you haven't noticed like 10+ people have already chimed in saying that they don't swap out the bodies anymore sooooooo......

And I think that you're the one who's buggin' bro. Big fkin time. Please enlighten us. Where should Denny get the 700+ TT that he would need per year? RM needs 60-80. It's easy for him. Not for Denny. Let's say by some outside chance he could source that many. Let's say that he'd pretty-up the boxes too. For argument sake say that the TT would cost him $30 each and the boxes $10 more. Do you want to pay $40 more for this (well I mean do you want US to pay $40 more? Because you don't even buy these) or do you think that there's enough room for him to absorb another $40-$50 hit in this price without losing money?

Back