Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That joker is a really detailed one. So you use the drybrushing only to add little details?? Does this give you a similar effect that using dust of soft pastel???.. I think I need more test heads :) at the moment I want to test 2 techniques:

1) coat of airbrush + soft pastel dust
2) thin layers of washes

And now I'll add the one you said.. drybrushing. But please tell me about the hair's shine.. Use "polish floor" to add the shine to the hair is a good idea?

Some people use floor polish to add shine to the eyes, but I recommend using acrylic gloss you can find at craft stores, it is applied with a fine brush.
I don't know why you need to add shine to the hair, hair is not that shiny IMO.

Also, drybrushing is not the same a painting with pastels. This is drybrush:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIYkCz-Dco"]Promodellers dry brushing - YouTube[/ame]

Some people use floor polish to add shine to the eyes, but I recommend using acrylic gloss you can find at craft stores, it is applied with a fine brush.
I don't know why you need to add shine to the hair, hair is not that shiny IMO.

Also, drybrushing is not the same a painting with pastels. This is drybrush:

Promodellers dry brushing - YouTube

Gracias por el video Cheungkinmen. I see the drybrushing can go after a coat of skin base.. to make the little details, like skin imperfections, shadows, 5 o'clock shadow, and stuff like that. But IMO the hair do shine a little, specially if the hair is brown or black.

It does shine, of course, yes, but the sealant alone will do the job. Adding a glossing effect then applying sealant is too much imo.

It does shine, of course, yes, but the sealant alone will do the job. Adding a glossing effect then applying sealant is too much imo.

By the way what is the best sealer in your opinion? I was thinking use a mix between floor polish and Vallejo Matte medium (10:1) ...

By the way what is the best sealer in your opinion? I was thinking use a mix between floor polish and Vallejo Matte medium (10:1) ...

I use a dull coat spray, only. As for brands, I use what's available in my country which is BOSNI flat clear. I do not use floor polish on hair, tho'.

If you apply any dull coat, matte medium or flat clear over floor polish it'll kill the shiny effect, anyways. Unless you do it the other way around. But like I said, I believe using only the dull coat will do the trick, it just depends on how much you are spraying on it.

Hey guys - forgot to update. So Sunday I'm ready to pack for shipping Monday morning... Genius here thought I had all the envelopes ready. I had no envelopes left at all.

Working on labels and packing this week at night.

All heads are ready to go though. :)

And replacements will be offered for damaged pieces or missed shipments. Always post here or PM me with those issues.

Thanks,

Dean
CC

Hey guys - forgot to update. So Sunday I'm ready to pack for shipping Monday morning... Genius here thought I had all the envelopes ready. I had no envelopes left at all.

Working on labels and packing this week at night.

All heads are ready to go though. :)

And replacements will be offered for damaged pieces or missed shipments. Always post here or PM me with those issues.

Thanks,

Dean
CC

Dean, you pm'd me asking me to resend my address to you for the head sculpt ordered 6 months ago but your INBOX has been full the past day.

picture.php

picture.php

That is amazing !!! how you do that??.. I am trying but :monkey2 .. whats the kind of brush you use for the eyes?? 3/0??? or 5/0?? :dunno ... And what sealer do you use???

I have to agree with Tyranus7 and Platty on this and that this is by far the absolute best paint up yet! Absolute perfection from the darkness of the hair to the right amount of translucency to the skin, etc! Incredible!!!

Back