Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest, I'm not really feeling the paint on those photos, bud.

Face looks a bit too dry/powdery and the root of the hair looks a bit light, making it looks like hes got grey hair, especially in the bottom right pic. And I dont know what it is, but the lips feels a bit off to me.

But I know how sometimes photos translates differently from the actual sculpt, so my assumptions are mainly based on these photos alone.

To be honest, I'm not really feeling the paint on those photos, bud.

Face looks a bit too dry/powdery and the root of the hair looks a bit light, making it looks like hes got grey hair, especially in the bottom right pic. And I dont know what it is, but the lips feels a bit off to me.

But I know how sometimes photos translates differently from the actual sculpt, so my assumptions are mainly based on these photos alone.

I agree with the root of the hair comment - it's one of the things still WIP however.

The lips and face though I am very happy with personally, part of what is probably giving it the 'powdery' look is the lighting I think because the face has to be lit directly to make the eyes visible as they are quite deep set.

Appreciate the honest feedback though :wave

I agree with the root of the hair comment - it's one of the things still WIP however.

The lips and face though I am very happy with personally, part of what is probably giving it the 'powdery' look is the lighting I think because the face has to be lit directly to make the eyes visible as they are quite deep set.

Appreciate the honest feedback though :wave

Ok, I hope it didnt sound offensive, mate :peace

Ok, now that you mentioned it, you have a point. The eyes are deep set indeed. I almost think that this was exaggerated when Adam sculpted it, but upon looking at some pics of Bale, his eyes are really like this :lol

Ok, I hope it didnt sound offensive, mate :peace

Ok, now that you mentioned it, you have a point. The eyes are deep set indeed. I almost think that this was exaggerated when Adam sculpted it, but upon looking at some pics of Bale, his eyes are really like this :lol

Yeah when I first got the sculpt in hand and tried to take pics, the eyes just wouldn't get enough light, and then i noticed how deep set they were. And same as you - once i compared to some profile shots of Bale, I realized Adam got it bang on!

And no offence at all! Always good to get constructive critique - besides any critique I get from you guys I can feedback to lalla and try it make it even better before he sends it out :hi5:

While I think the head is fantastic (more accurate than Hot Toys!), I've decided to allow a member to buy my place (instead of the head being shipped to me when ready, it would be sent to the new buyer instead). If someone wants to buy the head in my place I'm asking for what I paid, $66.50. Only members who are allowed to purchase on the forums and who have good references. PM me.

Hi intothevoid, one question.. how you make the Head sculpt's hair to shine?? using some kind of polish floor?? Or just acrylic paint??

Hey dude - Honestly I have no idea as I dont know how to paint heads, I would recommend PM someone Elvis1976, he should be able to help you with what to do

Hey dude - Honestly I have no idea as I dont know how to paint heads, I would recommend PM someone Elvis1976, he should be able to help you with what to do

Did Elvis1976 paint the HS from you avatar?? .. If no, you did a good job anyway. I already PM Elvis1976, he gave me some advices but nothing about the hair, and can't find information about the hair paint job anyware.. I will start painting some "test" heads the next week. .. I think I will pm Elvis1976 again :D

Did Elvis1976 paint the HS from you avatar?? .. If no, you did a good job anyway. I already PM Elvis1976, he gave me some advices but nothing about the hair, and can't find information about the hair paint job anyware.. I will start painting some "test" heads the next week. .. I think I will pm Elvis1976 again :D

No mine is painted by an artist called Lalla

Yeah best to try some test heads and then PM Elvis with questions after that :exactly:

Look up drybrushing. If you're not using airbrush equipment and, like me, prefer to paint the old-school way with regular brushes, it's probably the most invaluable technique you'll ever learn. Easy, too. For hair, it's great at adding details and highlights. Here's a really, really old Joker I did for reference.

DSC07447.jpg

Look up drybrushing. If you're not using airbrush equipment and, like me, prefer to paint the old-school way with regular brushes, it's probably the most invaluable technique you'll ever learn. Easy, too. For hair, it's great at adding details and highlights. Here's a really, really old Joker I did for reference.

DSC07447.jpg

That joker is a really detailed one. So you use the drybrushing only to add little details?? Does this give you a similar effect that using dust of soft pastel???.. I think I need more test heads :) at the moment I want to test 2 techniques:

1) coat of airbrush + soft pastel dust
2) thin layers of washes

And now I'll add the one you said.. drybrushing. But please tell me about the hair's shine.. Use "polish floor" to add the shine to the hair is a good idea?

Back