I'm very surprised....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearmodel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just want to share how surprise I am that Species Premium Format debuted at SDCC has not sold out. I saw it up close and thought that it was the best piece released by Sideshow this year. It is so well done and the way they did the paint job is amazing. I had no interest before seeing it, but could not take my eyes off of it when I saw it At Sideshow booth.

Am I crazy to think that? Did you guys see it up close?

Thoughts........:lecture

I agree....If I was still on horror stuff that would be a must buy...very affordable too.

i didnt see it, but I'm definitely looking forward to this one and whatever other Species pieces they do. The maquette is just right. Sure it would be nice if it were larger, but that would come with a much heftier price tag. I'd rather have one this size and price than a larger one for $1000:D
I am wondering what other items we might see from the Species license?
"dioramas" maybe, but the first movie was the only decent one. 2 was crap and I believe the rest were sci-fi channel or straight to DVD junk. I believe the latest is Species 4 and it had women dressed as nuns that were leaping over buildings! WTF??

i didnt see it, but I'm definitely looking forward to this one and whatever other Species pieces they do. The maquette is just right. Sure it would be nice if it were larger, but that would come with a much heftier price tag. I'd rather have one this size and price than a larger one for $1000:D
I am wondering what other items we might see from the Species license?
"dioramas" maybe, but the first movie was the only decent one. 2 was crap and I believe the rest were sci-fi channel or straight to DVD junk. I believe the latest is Species 4 and it had women dressed as nuns that were leaping over buildings! WTF??

IMG_9450Large-1.jpg

IMG_9452Large-1.jpg

IMG_9455Large-1.jpg

I think it is AMAZING!!! Maybe it will take sometime, but I think it will eventualy be a grail kit and it will sell for at least twice as much on the Bay

I'm not that shocked. The piece looks good enough but are there a lot of Species fans floating around that I'm not aware of?

Kind of like making a PF Mimic bug...

I'm not that shocked. The piece looks good enough but are there a lot of Species fans floating around that I'm not aware of?

Kind of like making a PF Mimic bug...

Yup...I'm just not sure this franchise has enough following to move items like this quickly. I was surpised at Sideshow's announcement of the license...Species never struck me as having that kind of fanbase to support a number of high-end collectibles.

I can't decide, i want it and then i don't, i would rather have a smaller diorama of her, to fit in with my alien and predator diorama's.

Hey guys!

I just want to share how surprise I am that Species Premium Format debuted at SDCC has not sold out. I saw it up close and thought that it was the best piece released by Sideshow this year. It is so well done and the way they did the paint job is amazing. I had no interest before seeing it, but could not take my eyes off of it when I saw it At Sideshow booth.

Am I crazy to think that? Did you guys see it up close?

Thoughts........:lecture

admit it u work for sideshow :lol:lol

species isnt really that good a film so seems strange to make a pf of it.

its an easy pass for me, i never really got into the first movie, and never watched the others, and said that just looking at it doesn't do much for me, its like a bad burnt Albanian Boy with no eyelids and mega fripples

Well Giger designed Eve (!? that movie sucked so bad I can't remember her name.. I'll just call her William Dafoe GG in Spiderman crap movie) AND the Alien so maybe SS figured it would appeal to Alien fans and Giger fans.. not neccesarily to the 2 fans of the film. My bad: 1 fan of the film. Wait.. my bad: 0 fans of that abomination, $2 bin, craptacular soda coaster.

Back