IM Mark III bust issue - Need sideshow reply

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the odds of the BD bust having the same issues? I'm considering buying either one of the upcoming busts but these issues with the Mark III have really turned me off.

In the case of the BD one, the paint peels could easily pass off as part of the BD so it wouldn't be so glaring. :monkey1

I have the same issues with my IM bust and even though there have been a string of problems lately, I'm still confident that they'll improve.

I'm glad they're still pushing themselves with Vader's 1:1 bust and the slew of cool star wars offering not to mention the busts coming from AVP-R.

They've my support. They've done much more RIGHT than wrong and that should be deserving of some credit.

just my 2 cents

They've my support. They've done much more RIGHT than wrong and that should be deserving of some credit.

just my 2 cents

:lecture

This problem sucks and sideshow may not have taken the best ways in fixing it but I think they will be very well aware of the situation and how much it will be affecting how they look as a company. I really doubt anything this bad will happen again or at least for a long time. This could put some people off buying anything from them as a company and whilst thats a step to far imo its still a possiblity so sideshow will know how serious this matter is.
If they do or don't say anything about this matter I'm still pretty sure they know and are doing something about it.
Personally I'm glad I decided to never buy one but if I would have and this ended up happening I would simply call sideshow or whoever I purchased this from direct and inform them of the problem.

The thing is, this is potentially a real turn off for the average buyer who may not be able to afford getting high end pieces like this on a regular basis. We save our hard earned cash and expect a top quality end product to match the price. To see these horror stories about flakey paint puts us off buying these often stunning pieces. Imo its very damaging for a company who pride themselves in their openess, to not address this issue openly. At the very least i'd like to see a Sideshow rep admit to the issue and confirm they are addressing it for their future products.
Simply saying 'Call customer service' doesn't cut it. Like many, i'm hesitant about shelling out on their high end gear when we dont know if it could happen again...and thats a damn shame

The thing is, this is potentially a real turn off for the average buyer who may not be able to afford getting high end pieces like this on a regular basis. We save our hard earned cash and expect a top quality end product to match the price. To see these horror stories about flakey paint puts us off buying these often stunning pieces. Imo its very damaging for a company who pride themselves in their openess, to not address this issue openly. At the very least i'd like to see a Sideshow rep admit to the issue and confirm they are addressing it for their future products.
Simply saying 'Call customer service' doesn't cut it. Like many, i'm hesitant about shelling out on their high end gear when we dont know if it could happen again...and thats a damn shame

I agree 100% with this statement.

your right , I do think they should say something , I think that would be a good move for sideshow. That said though I do think they will learn from this and make sure nothing like this happens again regardless of if they speak or not.
Or at least I hope they do !.

Im not sure if this is right for this thread or not but all issues aside with what has happened with the iron man bust to the countless people with this bust (as i have one on the way, and this problem could possibly happen) alot of people will not be able to get a refund or only partial there of, has anyone completely repainted or had it repainted with any steps that they can advise others to follow to correct this problem? Obviously there are some spots that a spray gun cant get to or if they can somehow be taken apart so paint can be applied properly. As many would agree it shouldnt have to be that a bust of this price should have to be repainted not long after purchase but it is a great bust and some of us will just be stuck with the problem. I know mine wont be being sent back as its an international purchase so the next best thing is to fix the problem myself. Any others interested as well... Who knows a good repaint may make it better than the original.

Im not sure if this is right for this thread or not but all issues aside with what has happened with the iron man bust to the countless people with this bust (as i have one on the way, and this problem could possibly happen) alot of people will not be able to get a refund or only partial there of, has anyone completely repainted or had it repainted with any steps that they can advise others to follow to correct this problem? Obviously there are some spots that a spray gun cant get to or if they can somehow be taken apart so paint can be applied properly. As many would agree it shouldnt have to be that a bust of this price should have to be repainted not long after purchase but it is a great bust and some of us will just be stuck with the problem. I know mine wont be being sent back as its an international purchase so the next best thing is to fix the problem myself. Any others interested as well... Who knows a good repaint may make it better than the original.

The only complete repaint that I am aware of was done nicely by Ruprekt at SF... here's the thread:

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=84606&highlight=iron+repaint

Final pics posted here:

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=85383&highlight=iron+repaint

Dan

Thanks for posting into this thread. Rest assured we have had very few issues of this nature reported to us and it is not indicative of the entire line. Our production members our on the line quality controlling several Iron Man products so be rest assured there are no worries of future issues of this nature.

If your item is showing paint peeling of the nature similar to the first photos posted to this thread then please contact our Returns Department directly so you can be assisted. [email protected] or (800) 474-3746. If you are e-mailing us please include you full contact information, date and place of purchase and including detailed photos of the areas in question would be extremely helpful!

Best,
Chicky

Thanks for posting into this thread. Rest assured we have had very few issues of this nature reported to us and it is not indicative of the entire line. Our production members our on the line quality controlling several Iron Man products so be rest assured there are no worries of future issues of this nature.

If your item is showing paint peeling of the nature similar to the first photos posted to this thread then please contact our Returns Department directly so you can be assisted. [email protected] or (800) 474-3746. If you are e-mailing us please include you full contact information, date and place of purchase and including detailed photos of the areas in question would be extremely helpful!

Best,
Chicky

Going by this statment, does this mean I can rest assured my 1/2 Iron man will arrive as advertised?....Because if it doesnt and it looks like the 1:1 bust again...Im sending Sideshow a bill for $2000 just for putting me through the headache again.

Chris

sdcc19ironmanhalfscale.jpg

i hope this is dust.

sdcc19ironmanhalfscale.jpg

i hope this is dust.

That doesnt look like dust to me....actually I remember my 1:1 bust having the same paint app in tight areas. Even when I wiped it with a static dust sweaper it wouldnt come off. I think its just the way the paint is applied in small areas.....take a look inside the hands, elbow joints and boots. Its all the same dark color. This is already starting to make me nervous because it looks like they hired the same painters as last time. Theirs no reason on a statue that big they should have spots like that.

Chris

Back