I'm getting a Mad Catz Fight Stick/Pad...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which controller are you getting?

• I'm a badass and get the Tournament Edition

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I'm a Stock Standard Edition

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • *Cough*... Fightpad

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I'm getting another brand... (Hori etc.)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Sorry, I'm a hardcore with my own sweet custom Stick!

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
They go for 160ish for ps2/that current gen.

For PS3/360 sticks they will run you 200+shipping at least.

He lives in Toronto I believe so shipping was a little pricier for me.

For the quality the price ain't that bad considering the amount of money we spend on statues here :lol.
ok, well its not that bad. i half expected a custom one to cost $500 something. 200 isn't too bad if you're hardcore into fighting games, but this gen of gaming doesn't exactly have that many fighting games to make it worth the price.

If you don't mind not having the aesthetics of the sticks DrkFD3S posted, you can simply buy a cheap stick and outfit it with Sanwa parts (the guts inside authentic JP arcade cabinets). You'll need to have some basic know-how, like how to solder stuff.

Mine looks just like this except mine has Red buttons on it. It's a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 that I got for cheap and soldered Sanwa buttons into:

4514-101560-HRAP3JPG-468x.jpg

I really want to build a truly custom fight stick with artwork like the ones DrkFD3S posted, but I'm too lazy. :doh

Last edited:
Yea you can get the HRAP3 for 99 at Amazon and just swap out the buttons, which is a much cheaper alternative. I'm probably going to get another stick from Finkle to go along with my TE stick to prepare myself for SF4 and Tekken 6 !!!

after thinking about it, and actually seeing in-hand pics of the TE, i think i'll have to get one just to have. I think it looks pretty cool and to customize it would be cooler.

DrkFD3S, how difficult is it to swap out the buttons/joystick on the HRAP3? any soldering required?

Yea you can get the HRAP3 for 99 at Amazon and just swap out the buttons, which is a much cheaper alternative. I'm probably going to get another stick from Finkle to go along with my TE stick to prepare myself for SF4 and Tekken 6 !!!
is there a site that has the different options to build the custom sticks?? after thinking about i think i'm gonna look into getting one.

I made a mistake before, my Hori RAP2 needed soldering, not the RAP3 (for next-gen consoles). (I also had a friend who had modded before assist).

Anyway, here is a comprehensive list of guides, faqs, glossaries, and how-to's all regarding stick customization over at the NeoGAF forums. It has everything you'll need to start modding or scratch-building your own stick:

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207393

And Lizardlick is a popular place to get stick buttons of various types.

Last edited:
Here's a little read-up on how to take apart the Hori RAP3 and swap in different buttons. I made a mistake before, my Hori RAP2 needed soldering, not the RAP3 (for next-gen consoles). I read this before I did any mods on my stick. (I also had a friend who had modded before assist).

https://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/ps3-hrap3/hori-real-arcade-pro-3-review/

And Lizardlick is a popular place to get stick buttons of various types.

Sweet, I'll consider the HRAP3 in case I cant find the TE one.

How is the weight and feel of the HRAP3?

As per Sanwa buttons and sticks, which ones are the best ones to get?

Sweet, I'll consider the HRAP3 in case I cant find the TE one.

How is the weight and feel of the HRAP3?

As per Sanwa buttons and sticks, which ones are the best ones to get?

I edited my above post to include a much more in-depth list of guides that should answer most questions about stick modding.

The HRAP3 weighs about 5 pounds and feels very sturdy, very durable. It's large enough that I felt comfortable playing with it on my lap. The Hori buttons before modifications are still very good and will do for casual players.

As for buttons, the Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons are what most players use for modern Hori sticks. I'm not sure about custom, built-from-the-ground-up sticks though.

after thinking about it, and actually seeing in-hand pics of the TE, i think i'll have to get one just to have. I think it looks pretty cool and to customize it would be cooler.

DrkFD3S, how difficult is it to swap out the buttons/joystick on the HRAP3? any soldering required?

I'm also thinking about getting the HRAP3 if I have no luck finding the TE, but I do have the SE on preorder. So nash, where did you play SFII in HI? As for me ever heard of HnG in PC an old comic store?

I'm also thinking about getting the HRAP3 if I have no luck finding the TE, but I do have the SE on preorder. So nash, where did you play SFII in HI? As for me ever heard of HnG in PC an old comic store?

I used to go to Hawaiian Brian's a lot, and the corner store next to my house in McCully every day after school.

What does HnG stand for?

I used to go to Hawaiian Brian's a lot, and the corner store next to my house in McCully every day after school.

What does HnG stand for?

I think its the owners 2 sons or the owner and sons initial, something like that. Hope DnB's will get a SFIV unit.

I think its the owners 2 sons or the owner and sons initial, something like that. Hope DnB's will get a SFIV unit.

ah ok. Well I havent heard of HnG then.

So hawaii is all sold out of the TE fightsticks too?

ah ok. Well I havent heard of HnG then.

So hawaii is all sold out of the TE fightsticks too?

Gamestop said they stopped taking preorders for the TE a while back and the SE a week ago. I checked toysnjoys site and it was listed for $150 so I called but they said they are not taking orders until it comes in, now their site has it for $180 now. Since they know its in high demand they went ahead and jack up the price. Hopefully someone who had preordered a TE in gamestop backs down so I can score one, doubt it tho.

^^^i'll keep an eye out at my local gamestops for you. i'm sure that there will be some cancellations because i live in a college town and i'm certain that there's gonna a couple here and there.

Back