I'm getting a Mad Catz Fight Stick/Pad...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which controller are you getting?

• I'm a badass and get the Tournament Edition

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I'm a Stock Standard Edition

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • *Cough*... Fightpad

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I'm getting another brand... (Hori etc.)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Sorry, I'm a hardcore with my own sweet custom Stick!

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Grange Wallis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok everyone, I know there is a SFIV thread... But this one is a being dedicated to the Mad Catz street fighter sticks and pads? So which one are you getting and why?

I'm getting the SE fight stick, as I can't justify the TE, namely because of the piss poor AUD v USD trading rate. Also another reason I've started this thread is; because there is a lot of info being thrown around about the TE, but not much about the SE... I want to know how good is it verses the TE. And would it be worthwhile swapping our the stick and buttons with sanwa stuff?

Good thread, I would like to know the same. Only thing that scares me is madcatz themselves. They haven't exactly been the best controllers over the years.

I got a TE edition and am looking for a Fight Pad atm.

For the SE stick the difference is that Mad Catz uses their own factory buttons/joystick to make the stick.

The good thing about the SE stick is that it's easy to swap out for better parts like (Sanwa).

If your not super serious with the game or don't need the BEST parts than the SE stick is fine.

Here's some of our local players in NorCal. Like many others they also are happy with the sticks.

<div style="width:500px; text-align:center"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="319" src="https://gamevideos.1up.com/swf/gamevideos12.swf?embedded=1&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&src=https://gamevideos.1up.com/do/videoListXML%3Fid%3D23393%26adPlay%3Dtrue" align="middle"></embed><a href="https://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23393" target="_blank">1UP Specials: Street Fighter 4 Live Stream with Pros</a></div>

Se fightstick.

though i'll be getting a fight pad or two when I can find the ones I want.

I've always had good success with Madcatz PS2 controllers. Other brands, not so much. Its just when I throw them at the wall in a tantrum that they broke.

I have my own custon Hori with authentic arcade guts installed, and I am also getting the SE SF4 fight stick. I picked up the SF4 fight pad yesterday, but I might return it.

I have my own custon Hori with authentic arcade guts installed, and I am also getting the SE SF4 fight stick. I picked up the SF4 fight pad yesterday, but I might return it.

I'll buy the pad off you if its a 360 fight pad. LMK

can you post some pics and information??? i keep hearing about those customized sticks but have no clue whats the story with them.

I have a custom stick made by Finkle but it's for ps2 and I lost it somewhere in my house hehe.

He's quite the popular builder on the SRK forums and he's the only builder to offer metal cases rather than wood.

Quick artwork done by my friend because Finkle doesn't do any PS work.

The builders that make ps3/360 sticks now use a special board made by Toodles and is sold in couple of online retailers.

Here is a link to the board:https://www.lizardlickamusements.com/pages/boards.shtml

8bc79386.jpg

Here's other sticks he's completed for his other customers.

butta-005.jpg

stick02.JPG

kirby-002.jpg

blankastick.jpg

They go for 160ish for ps2/that current gen.

For PS3/360 sticks they will run you 200+shipping at least.

He lives in Toronto I believe so shipping was a little pricier for me.

For the quality the price ain't that bad considering the amount of money we spend on statues here :lol.

Back