I'm BATMAN: The Definitive Batman 89' Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, but it's not the definitive figure. The head/cowl shap is wierd and the horns aren't right at all.

That is the definitive 89 Batman, well for now :)

IMG_7179.jpg

^

that is the best batman out there, together with begins, tdk and all other batman figures out there :D

that's the greatest looking Keaton Batman ever created. great job Seb. HOT TOYS take note!

When people use the word "definitive", there should be no doubt. I sure hope this word isn't going to be abused like the word "grail" has as it has now come to mean "I hope I didn't waste my money".

I'm happy with mine:
DSC02639.jpg

Can't wait for Hot Toys' version, though.

ps. Let's face it; we already have a thread for the Keaton Batman. This is just another poor excuse to post our pictures. :monkey1

it's his own creation. and it's the most beautiful bats out there! :)
i think i'm repeating myself :D

Thansk Thrustmaster for the info! Yes it's a great figure.... that sculpt of elvis's ... is it from a batman model kit?

I have got the henry wayne as well and to me it's more of a better figure in hand than in pictures. You can really tell the effort the guy is putting into this thing.. The removeable cowl is a main thing for me, I always loved this concept that can be translated to a toy that well (bear in mind this figure was made long ago and long before the surge of korean artists and HT and enterbay) .. I hope there would be one official batman figure in the future with removeable cowl as well.... and fear not, if you don't like the bruce sculpt. You could just post it as a batsuit. Equally awesome IMO

I'm happy with mine:
DSC02639.jpg

Can't wait for Hot Toys' version, though.

ps. Let's face it; we already have a thread for the Keaton Batman. This is just another poor excuse to post our pictures. :monkey1

I've always been impressed with Commtech's Bats in this picture. Not sure what he did to his but I'm envious.

I like the cowl on this one, it's fantastic but . . .

I love the face (well the mouth and eyes really) on this one. I think a fully sculpted head is the way to go. None of that removable mask crap. The one that started this thread is okay but the head is ridiculous. A Hot Toys version would most likely be the best of both worlds from the two above, not that initial one.

That's one thing, I've never seen so many custom figures when it comes to 1989 Keaton Batman. That is one of many reasons why,

This,
hottoys-logo.jpg

and this,

batman-1989.jpg

need to become one.

I like the cowl on this one, it's fantastic but . . .

The one that started this thread is okay but the head is ridiculous. A Hot Toys version would most likely be the best of both worlds from the two above, not that initial one.

:lol Yeah, I agree with you...somewhat...While the figure to you, may be okay. I originally, thought it was the definitive Batman, but it turns out the cowl is all wrong...I wouldn't go as far to say the sculpt is wrong, but hey, you never know, could be the sculpt. However, I must admit I've purchased several variations of Keaton sculpts, and under the cowl they all look the same. The full-sculpted cowl is the way to go, and the most accurate is the Billiken sculpt (which Commtech has) other than the cowl, Henry Wayne created the best sculpted armor pieces known to man! And I ain't jokin' just check out those Nike-Air III's!! :horror Can't compete with those!

:lol Yeah, I agree with you...somewhat...While the figure to you, may be okay. I originally, thought it was the definitive Batman, but it turns out the cowl is all wrong...I wouldn't go as far to say the sculpt is wrong, but hey, you never know, could be the sculpt. However, I must admit I've purchased several variations of Keaton sculpts, and under the cowl they all look the same. The full-sculpted cowl is the way to go, and the most accurate is the Billiken sculpt (which Commtech has) other than the cowl, Henry Wayne created the best sculpted armor pieces known to man! And I ain't jokin' just check out those Nike-Air III's!! :horror Can't compete with those!

Oh I can't argue with you about the boots and the body armor overall. That looks great. The only thing wrong with the figure is that head. It's just goofy looking.

Those Nike boots are fantastic. I noticed those in the ebay auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back