Statue Illyana

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:lol:lolyou guys are funny

and yeah VS your ladies collection isn't worth saving anymore, please send me your Soul Fire Graces.:yess:

:lol:lol:lolyou guys are funny

and yeah VS your ladies collection isn't worth saving anymore, please send me your Soul Fire Graces.:yess:

:lol which one of the 3 do u want :monkey1

Ps nice signature on the bottom.:monkey1 hope it's not serious between the 2 of yah. :peace

Wow you reply so quickly to posts:horror Ordered her from an e-merchant on ebay..got her allll the way down to 210$ after intense negotiations..I suggest you do the same, homie..No lady statue collection can be taken seriously without Madame Hydra..:bouncin

No if I was to get Hydra, it would have to be an EX. Have u pay the person yet because it's not due for a while.

Yes..had to make a 50$ deposit and she's due out next month, bra..
Well, to get an EX you will have to get on the waiting list now :dunno I TOLD you not to sleep on this piece didn't I :nono Just too fantastic a sculpt not to own
I much prefer cold, calm & sinister look of the REG head so I don't mind...:blah

Not losing sleep over it. I rather buy the Yamato's Sexy Robot then Hydra.:wink1:

It's based off of Hajime Sorayama's Sexy Robot fantasy artwork.

tumblr_ldectk1fWV1qfvbsdo1_500.jpg

:slap Ya killing me holmes..seriously, what the hell is that thing? Looks like a peek into Japan's future to me..programmed to be the perfect "wife"!? :monkey4

IMG_1705_2_2.jpg
Well I'm a huge fan of Sorayama and it will be productly displayed in my collection.:wink1:

Are these supposed to be like sex slave robots ? :monkey1

:dunno I have no idea.

Here's a little info on the art.

Sorayama's work Sexy Robot, published by Genko-sha in 1983,made his organic robotic forms famous around the world. For the work, he used ideas from pin-up art, which in the book then appear as chrome-plated gynoids in suggestive poses. His next book, Pin-up (Graphic-sha, 1984), continue in the same line. A number of his other works similarly revolve around figures in suggestive poses, including highly realistic depictions in latex and leather. His pinups appeared frequently in the pages of Penthouse magazine.

:lol which one of the 3 do u want :monkey1

Ps nice signature on the bottom.:monkey1 hope it's not serious between the 2 of yah. :peace

oh :lol j/k, I've already got a set, just wish that i would've gotten one of the signed sets that they had a while back. either way one of, if not the best lady pieces ever produced.

:slap Ya killing me holmes..seriously, what the hell is that thing? Looks like a peek into Japan's future to me..programmed to be the perfect "wife"!? :monkey4

IMG_1705_2_2.jpg

hey they kinda cool i think.:lecture never seen them before, it just shows ya that there's always another piece of art out there that can surprise you.

oh :lol j/k, I've already got a set, just wish that i would've gotten one of the signed sets that they had a while back. either way one of, if not the best lady pieces ever produced.

Yah the sign sets would had been cool. Though my Custom paint one is signed by Michael Turner.

IMG_1705_2_2.jpg

That is Sorayama's Sexy Robot, or rather, an interpretation of it. Sorayama is a famous Japanese artist that paints things by brush that looks like airbrush, but it is not. Sexy Robot is his biggest claim to fame. It was on a few Autograph album covers in the 1980's, like Sign In Please, and That's The Stuff. I say that this is an interpretation, because the head looks wrong. It looks too much like one of those dome top trash cans or a bullet on her shoulders. It isn't round enough, or full enough in the back of her head. Everything else looks great, except that it should be chromed.

I've always admired Hajime Sorayama's work. I think it's awesome. Also the more I look at that robot the more I kind of dig it. It has that Fritz Lang Metropolis feel to it which is a style that I think is cool. I can always appreciate great art. It doesn't always have to be Marvel or LOTR for me. If something looks good I'll get it.

This one will be on my shelf
Ready to buy it now, just put her up for order dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back