Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who was the fellow freak who figured out how to remote power and light his tumbler?

ironed ... just a few pages back.. he may also have posted in the tumbler thread or created his own

Hi guys just a teaser pic should be able to finish this tomorrow, still need a few odds and ends yet. :acme
02e4e075c8fb9acf9aec5dfd8b98a6f6.jpg

Hey guys just called him and asked about the whole set up he said for everything remote power RGB with a long tail to go threw the leg, just like mine $100 delivered in Canada, and whatever extra if you want to ship somewhere else. This guy is a PRO web site pay pal.

Great work brother. I haven't stepped up into this realm in awhile. You guys are rocking these babies out!

Finally want to add lights to my Jabba Throneroom Granas. So is this $100 the lights and all? Can you pm me all the info I would need to order the Granas Lighting setup. It would be greatly appreciated! You guys got me HYPE!!!! :panic:

Hi guys just a teaser pic should be able to finish this tomorrow, still need a few odds and ends yet. :acme
02e4e075c8fb9acf9aec5dfd8b98a6f6.jpg

I need to do this to my tumbler!!!

I need detailed instructions (I'm an electrical noob) and a list of supplies. Including which little LEDs u bought and how you lit up the dash!!!!

Great work brother. I haven't stepped up into this realm in awhile. You guys are rocking these babies out!

Finally want to add lights to my Jabba Throneroom Granas. So is this $100 the lights and all? Can you pm me all the info I would need to order the Granas Lighting setup. It would be greatly appreciated! You guys got me HYPE!!!! :panic:

PM you some info, you can also get him to make singles lights, white 5mm wide dispersal and 3mm standard light, I got him to tone some down for me by adding a resisters to each light, and this is powered by its own power adapter that has had some resisters put into the switch to make it safe for the LED. Pics and full instructions to come. :wink1:

hi guys, newb here. what's a good alternative for the granas these days? i can't find one on ebay/craigslist after looking for a while (in sf bay area), and need a case to display my tumber + batpod + dx02!

there have been few suggestions but none really that fitting for our purpose. But certainly keep this hack in mind and keep looking for a new solution.
Also keep in mind this was a relatively cheap coffee table from Ikea so ppl may not remember the name of it and hence just simply list it as a glass top coffee table and your search grid need to be wide enough to catch those listings as well. GL

Figurefreaks I have to reiterate my respect to you and how you saw the potential use of this rather plain and generic table and made all of this possible!! I am going to make you famous!!! And the table will be even harder to come by the moment it gets popular ;)
goign to post it on https://www.ikeahackers.net

OK I actually think it be better if ironed takes the lead on publisizing this idea on ikeahackers instead as he has lots of progress shots already and everything is already well documented. Can you please represent ;) Make us proud

PS I also updated the first page with everyone's work but due to limited number of pictures I only took a sample from each and linked only some of you as eg ironed you have so many pictures spread across it's not simply not possible to link to them :p

Put the Batman in the Granasplay, I think I will put the Joker in there to, I like the way the whiteboard reflects threw the two sided poster it makes almost a 3D effect.
658e2c48e2a8100fa76cff4a753358d8.jpg

And a little paint on the rims to make them screen accurate.

Put the Batman in the Granasplay, I think I will put the Joker in there to, I like the way the whiteboard reflects threw the two sided poster it makes almost a 3D effect.
658e2c48e2a8100fa76cff4a753358d8.jpg

And a little paint on the rims to make them screen accurate.

Looks fantastic! Now let's see that tutorial!!! Lol

Back