Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the Batman in the Granasplay, I think I will put the Joker in there to, I like the way the whiteboard reflects threw the two sided poster it makes almost a 3D effect.
658e2c48e2a8100fa76cff4a753358d8.jpg

And a little paint on the rims to make them screen accurate.

Nice but don't let the Joker get hold on the Tumbler. He'll just do all graffiti till you regret it!!

lol.....wife still says no on figures in the granas...=(

sounds like she needs a new purse ;)

I really want to do this but near as I can tell, you can't buy this table anymore. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

We are all scouting for the table in the used market. may have to compromise on a not so perfect glass top w a few scratches and it being used but I have been able to find reasonable ones especially since it ends up being in the $40-60 range

We are all scouting for the table in the used market. may have to compromise on a not so perfect glass top w a few scratches and it being used but I have been able to find reasonable ones especially since it ends up being in the $40-60 range

Cool. I have no problem with that. There is a good possibility that I would have to replace the top for the idea I have anyway.

Thanks for the info, Geil. Off to craigslist I go...

this is amazing..i never picked up jabba because of space issues..now i can!! i need to do this

oh don't give up but widen your search pattern .. search for eg "Ikea glass top coffee table" cause it was a relatively cheap table most ppl don't remember the model name when they sell it on craigslist ;)

oh don't give up but widen your search pattern .. search for eg "Ikea glass top coffee table" cause it was a relatively cheap table most ppl don't remember the model name when they sell it on craigslist ;)

Great advise Geil!! Just found one down the road for $25 by expanding the search. :yess:

Waiting for a callback with fingers crossed.

Great advise Geil!! Just found one down the road for $25 by expanding the search. :yess:

Waiting for a callback with fingers crossed.

Just be prepared. I have asked ppl before meeting to check the glass top thoroughly for scratches yet most of the time they didn't bother or simply are not picky enough. You may have to go through a few before finding one you can compromise but compromise you have to. Ppl don't treat these tables well and as long as the scratches are not too bad in the centre area I think you should grab it.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Hey all. Just been following this thread for a while, and have been utterly amazed and inspired by all the pictures that various members have put up. :clap I managed to get this set at a decent price locally.

Don't have the Tumbler or the Batpod as of yet, but may hopefully pick them up in the coming year. But I've thought of a Transformer display with Fort Max in the mean time. I'm honestly excited and horrified to be actually trying this mod as my only experience in tackling a project as big as this was in shops class many, many years ago.

Just a quick question. For those that lowered the magazine rack, by how much did you lower it by from the floor? I tried looking through the thread, but didn't find an answer.

So I have a Tumbler and a Batpod on the way. I bet everyone on here has asked for this, but is there a tutorial and a supplies list for this? Thanks in advance!

So I have a Tumbler and a Batpod on the way. I bet everyone on here has asked for this, but is there a tutorial and a supplies list for this? Thanks in advance!

From what I could gather, check out Ironed's posts beginning on page 15.

Just a quick question. For those that lowered the magazine rack, by how much did you lower it by from the floor? I tried looking through the thread, but didn't find an answer.

it would really depend on what you are displaying in there. Since you want to have Fort Max in there, just measure how high he would be in there (I'm assuming transformed in base mode)

For myself, I'm looking to have my HT Avengers displayed in the table, so I lowered in so that the rack and glass have a 17" space between them. I have to make sure I can have hulk displayed in there, which will be tight

:slap

Thanks. :lol The Avengers display sounds cool. Didn't realize Hulk was gonna take up that much space.

Surprisingly, Fort Max comes out to about 12" from base to tower. So I'll have more than enough space to play with. Though I'm thinking of eventually picking up the camo tumbler for a diorama of the first Bane vs Batman sewer confrontation. Now if only Bane came with a detonator. :lol

Just be prepared. I have asked ppl before meeting to check the glass top thoroughly for scratches yet most of the time they didn't bother or simply are not picky enough. You may have to go through a few before finding one you can compromise but compromise you have to. Ppl don't treat these tables well and as long as the scratches are not too bad in the centre area I think you should grab it.

I hear ya. For $25, I'm not going to be too picky. If I have to replace the top (which I may do anyway) and hit it with a coat of paint at the end of the project it isn't a big deal.

The guy had someone coming to pick it up today who never showed so he asked if I still wanted it. Hell yeah, I want it! LOL

Going to pick it up in the morning.

Last edited:
Back