Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL yes my master... finally has my journey begun and soon I will rule.... aeh beside you

Ok you guys finally got me to move on this:

photo1ec.jpg

photo2up.jpg

photo3af.jpg

photo4ldh.jpg

Still lots to do, lights and another X-wing and better pictures but this is just iphone images in crappy lighting for now
and man I don't think I want to look at another Granas mod again xjamiex LOL

Looking good buddy, are the X-Wings going to be flying in sequence? hahaha ;)

Last edited:
The setup is going to change again :p I picked up the Lego Super Star Destroyer so it will go in the far back and the MF is going to move to the front instead w one X-Wing and hopefully it sill complete the illusion of the SSD being far far far in the distance ;)

waiting for his progress. Damn GEIL how are you fitting that thing in a room/living room?

waiting for his progress. Damn GEIL how are you fitting that thing in a room/living room?

I remember seeing enough space in your livingroom for another ;) open space is overrated ...... needs to be covered with granas display cases!! :blissy

ohhhhh detolf it all around!!!!!!!! NICE!!!! Dude more pics pretty pleaseeee!!!
While we are at it just fill up the floor with Granas tables so its like a glass floor filled with collectibles ;)
And holly cow again on your detolfed room!!! yes this room justified the creation of the new verb!!!!

BTW small update to my shamefull setup

photonov27180106.jpg

Last edited:
ohhhhh detolf it all around!!!!!!!! NICE!!!! Dude more pics pretty pleaseeee!!!
While we are at it just fill up the floor with Granas tables so its like a glass floor filled with collectibles ;)
And holly cow again on your detolfed room!!! yes this room justified the creation of the new verb!!!!

BTW small update to my shamefull setup

photonov27180106.jpg

:yess: that looks really sharp, nice layout with the Velcro, looks like it worked out good, Nice Work!!! :clap :hi5:

For peeps that have modded the granas into a case, can you still sit things on top and use it like a regular coffee table?

actually I picked up another set of LED strips mentioned before and that controller is rated at max 18A so I can in theory power 15m worth of the strips. Also I can just use an old PC power supply to power it as the 12V rails seem to be able to power 18A+. So before you go source a new powersupply check your old parts as 6A should be a non-issue for any PC PS.

As for the 18A setup it will be lighting up this and my bestas
photodec03224951.jpg

Back