Ikea Detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoldguy1

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello all-
I just got my first Detolf built and setup last nite, and I find that one of the magnetic closures (bottom one) sticks better than the other (top). The top will frequently pop open, while the bottom one stays shut. Case is on a a carpet against a wall.

Not a big deal as I have one of those adhesive locks (children around the house) - but was curious if anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

try releasing a little tension on both corners and then tighten till its good. You may have one corner tighter than another or just a little out of place causing torque to one of the latches corners making it pop out. Just a suggestion some one may know better.

try releasing a little tension on both corners and then tighten till its good. You may have one corner tighter than another or just a little out of place causing torque to one of the latches corners making it pop out. Just a suggestion some one may know better.

Thanks. You mean the corner where the door swings or where it magnetically attaches?

tx

Hello all-
I just got my first Detolf built and setup last nite, and I find that one of the magnetic closures (bottom one) sticks better than the other (top). The top will frequently pop open, while the bottom one stays shut. Case is on a a carpet against a wall.

Not a big deal as I have one of those adhesive locks (children around the house) - but was curious if anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

I just got my first one as well and I've ran into the exact same situation :D I've tried tweaking a bit but for now it doesn't bother me much.

Back