Ikea Detolf display cabinets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, but I won't be needing that. I'm not displaying my detolfs in a public place or something, and if someone wanted to steal my figures, I gess a lock in a glass cabinet would be kind of useless :monkey3 Also, I don't have any children at home who might want to play with my scooby gang, so it's safe by now

I wished the detolfs were bigger and taller, but I guess it makes it less sturdy. I also wished the billy bookshelves were deeper for the display and the glass doors were clear rather than paned. Anyway, nothing optimum for display purposes yet, but the price is right.

Hi,

I just bought the detolf cabinet, is it safe to put a PF buffy statue on the shelf?

Secondly, is there some way to seal off of glass (with maybe a tape) to prevent dust from going int? thanks

I use the Detolfs for my PF. They are sturdy enough but a complete waste of space. I will be switching to Bestas for my PF's and using the detolfs for 12" and electric tiki.

I use the Detolfs for my PF. They are sturdy enough but a complete waste of space. I will be switching to Bestas for my PF's and using the detolfs for 12" and electric tiki.

Hi, what do you mean waste of space?

So for the detolf, the welding is strong enough to hold the PF statue ?

I have one detolf per shelf. Which is the max load for sure. But there is so much unused space. It's really not made for PF's. Maybe some busts, or 12" etc. But as nice as my detolfs are, I feel like they were a waste and am looking into Bestas now for my PF's.

I have one detolf per shelf. Which is the max load for sure. But there is so much unused space. It's really not made for PF's. Maybe some busts, or 12" etc. But as nice as my detolfs are, I feel like they were a waste and am looking into Bestas now for my PF's.

I'm progressively replacing my old bookshelves with Bestas and they work great even with my Final Fantasy Masterpieces, which are about the same height and weight as the PFs.

You can also get half-shelves to use the space behind the statues, for instances for mangas or more generally pocket-size books. Now if the spines are too colorful it might prove distracting for the eye: in those cases, I just cover them with monochrome bookcovers to keep the focus on the statues

Detolfs appear perfect for most Bowen scale statues. Sideshow definitely requires something bigger, otherwise, each statue will be touching the ceiling at every level. Looks awful like that. That is, if they even fit. Also, buying a detolf just to display two statues seems a waste of cash.

Last edited:
Actually, if you use detolf for PF, you can only have two shelves out of the 4. Which means they do not touch the tops. There is a huge gap from the top of the PF to the next shelf. Just a waste of space.

I would like to add that I recently picked up an Expedit from Ikea. They are great for putting a lot of different things into them, including 12" figures, etc. They wont fit the new Throne (but there is a super sturdy top shelf that you can pile lots onto) and they wont fit PF's. But if you want it for 12", tiki's and other collectibles, or books, decorative pieces. This is a great shelf for that. You can have a mixture of things and it doesn't look stupid.

Back