Ikea Besta being discontinued

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jban3786

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was at Ikea today and found out that theyre replacing the Besta with a "new and improved design" whatever that means, no word yet on what it will look like. I stocked up just in case.

If the Expedit is anything to go by, it's to save wood. Any new design will likely be almost identical, but a little slimmer here and there.

Hey everyone, I was at Ikea today and found out that theyre replacing the Besta with a "new and improved design" whatever that means, no word yet on what it will look like. I stocked up just in case.

Said and done. Minor differences, now sold without shelves, lower price, colors are slightly different. All the frames collectors used to buy are still available, all the doors and more.

Should be available, is in the U.K anyway :D

Thanks Col. I found it on the UK site but not US. At least I have the part number now to help with the hunt.

I want them 2 doors high because it seems a good size to put life size busts on top of (The lighter ones).

Thanks PP Missed your post. I can add them to cart from there so that should work!

Definitely some problems with the web site. Search doesn't even seem to find them.

Found another way too...

When you view your cart you can add items to your cart using a part number.

Back