If you think IronMan 1:2 is thin look at this...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're supposed to be omniscient, omnipotent, and infallible.

You obviously don't spend enough time in this section. Otherwise, you'd know that.

So they're supposed to be mindreaders with X-ray vision? :dunno

Well no, but then one does tend to judge a company by the quality of the products it sells, even if they didn't make it themselves.

If your car brakes down, do you blame the company/maker you purchased it from, or the totally separate company/factory that made the little part that broke which was used in the car.

If you can't be sure of the quality of the parts your using, then way are you using them.

So they're supposed to be mindreaders with X-ray vision? :dunno

Was I knocking the statue? I read what Jerry said was probably the reason for it and seeing as mines fine i've no problem.
I answered your question why you thought it was anything to do with Sideshow.

Tonka trucks are not advertised as Museum Quality Collectibles though.. If you are placing Sideshow's products in the same league as your average large volume toy company, then we are all in trouble. Lower your quality and increase your prices will result ina negative trend of losing customers. If that is what Sideshow wants, then another company who wants it more will step up and take over.

if you take my post in context with the posts before, its obvious that I'm talking about the world economy in general is moving towards making things cheap. this include everything from mass market toys to "collectibles". in part its a systemic problem based on business trying to maximize profits short term rather than making a statement of quality for the long term. whatever company things they will step into SSC's shoes will make the same business decisions to save their investors/owners money. Other companies see company A increasing profit margins and their investors expect to do the same.

Unfortunately we live in a time where companies are not happy with solid long term earnings because ownership of companies rarely are handed down over generations anymore. So want a company is valued on is immediate "growth" or margins. These come at a price to the consumer sometimes.

Last edited:
Sideshow are the retailer of the piece, hence why they are taking some of the flak. For the record my Zangief has no problems at all.
For the record.
2j45wr6.jpg

Are there any more, thats been damaged like this one? I dont think so. So many people just take advantage like this to jump on Sideshow.

Well no, but then one does tend to judge a company by the quality of the products it sells, even if they didn't make it themselves.

If your car brakes down, do you blame the company/maker you purchased it from, or the totally separate company/factory that made the little part that broke which was used in the car.

If you can't be sure of the quality of the parts your using, then way are you using them.

Your car breaks down, the car maker is to blame. SS is compareable to the car dealer. They just sold the car to you and if there is a problem, corrects it for you and get reimbursed from the car maker.

EF has a point. If your car breaks down, you blame the manufacturer, not the dealer. And again I ask. You expect them to be mindreaders with X-ray vision? Sideshow will replace it or refund your money. WTF more would you expect? A BJ and a hug?! :dunno

Was I knocking the statue? I read what Jerry said was probably the reason for it and seeing as mines fine i've no problem.
I answered your question why you thought it was anything to do with Sideshow.

No, it was more directed at Superman who seems to want to use the thread to bash Sideshow about a product they didn't make.

I don't kiss girls who cry. :lecture

So that's a yes? :lol

Are there any more, thats been damaged like this one? I dont think so. So many people just take advantage like this to jump on Sideshow.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Pretty much.

EF has a point. If your car breaks down, you blame the manufacturer, not the dealer. And again I ask. You expect them to be mindreaders with X-ray vision? Sideshow will replace it or refund your money. WTF more would you expect? A BJ and a hug?! :dunno

yeah, exactly, so it's still Sideshow or the car dealer that you hold responsible and expect them to fix it, one way or another.

You made it sound like Sideshow aren't 'omniscient, omnipotent, and infallible' and as such, can't be expected to have any responsibility for the products they sell (no matter who made them) and as such, don't need to do anything about it.

That's just not true, Sideshow sold it, so you expect them to make things right, be that replace/refund or whatever. Past that, one would expect said company to investigate what went wrong and take steps so that it doesn't happen again. Since even if they didn't make the item, they sold it, if they keep selling them and future items which have the same problem, over time any company would get the reputation of selling junk and hence people stop buying, even if the items they made themselves never had any problems.

It's a whole perception of quality, based on everything that Sideshow or any other company sells. Besides, there has been a growing perception (right or wrong) that Quality Control over the past couple of years hasn't been what it once was, maybe born out of exactly what ProgMatinee said about the world economy, etc and the buck has to stop somewhere, usually its the company that sells the item.

When you say "get it right" you mean SSC should refund the money for anyone that makes a return right? Are you saying SSC has refused to refund a broken item?

While SSC's QC on their products has gone down, they have never refused a return as far as I know. Everything still has the 30 days policy. I think SSC just like Walmart or any other retailer should refund broken items even when its simply a distributed product, but is Walmart themselves responsible when an XBOX gets the RROD?

When you say "get it right" you mean SSC should refund the money for anyone that makes a return right? Are you saying SSC has refused to refund a broken item?

While SSC's QC on their products has gone down, they have never refused a return as far as I know. Everything still has the 30 days policy. I think SSC just like Walmart or any other retailer should refund broken items even when its simply a distributed product, but is Walmart themselves responsible when an XBOX gets the RROD?

No, I'm not say that SSC has ever refused a refund for a broken item. I don't doubt that Customer Service does everything they can within the limits imposed on them.

When I say 'get it right' I'm talking more about what you said second, the drop in QC.

I'm sure one can really equate SSC with a place like Walmart and selling XBOX's. An XBOX is a mass market item, millions are made and Walmart would sell as many of them as they can, just like everything else they sell.

But we are not talking mass market items, SSC sell 'collectibles', limited edition collectibles, its even part of their business name, unlike "Walmart Collectibles" :lol

As such, I think it's fair to expect a level of quality and a process of continuous improvement in said products. Quality Control should get better, not worse, when once is spending this type of money on limited edition collectibles. Otherwise, its no different then buying mass market junk. Ideally, one wouldn't want terms like 'egg shell thin', 'Sideshow eyes' and 'Dark Tan Indy' to become common and on going terms used when describing 'museum quality' collectibles.

But maybe I'm wrong, in 5 years time it will be perfect normal to talk about the latest Marvel PF, "Yeah, it looks great, no Dark Tan Indy but got a bit of Sideshow eye's tho, still, think I can live with it, not like SS will do anything about that, as we well know."

While I agree with you in general, I'm having a hard time reconciling what you're saying with the topic of this thread, since "eggshell Zangief" isn't one of their items. They're just an etailer in this case.

We wouldn't blame AlterEgo or Toy Anxiety for example for a bad SSC item, so we shouldn't blame SSC for a bad PopCulture item. In this particular situation the Walmart comparison fits since all SSC is doing is reselling an item.

The SSC QC discussion probably belongs in the IM thread.

While I agree with you in general, I'm having a hard time reconciling what you're saying with the topic of this thread, since "eggshell Zangief" isn't one of their items. They're just an etailer in this case.

We wouldn't blame AlterEgo or Toy Anxiety for example for a bad SSC item, so we shouldn't blame SSC for a bad PopCulture item. In this particular situation the Walmart comparison fits since all SSC is doing is reselling an item.

The SSC QC discussion probably belongs in the IM thread.

True, it is a more grey area in this case, but at the same time, with Zangief your going to go back to SSC and expect a refund/replacement, one isn't even going to contact PopCulture.

You could go either way, say take the car dealer for example, if the car has a minor fault, you'd go back to the dealer and expect it to be fully fixed. What if they do a crap job tho, will you only blame that dealer or will you be unlikely to trust the car maker in the future, even the bad experience was due to the dealer.
At the same time, say a fault in the car causes a crash, you going to sue the dealer or the car maker.

So in this case, sure it's a bit 50/50 between SSC and Popculture, compared to something that SSC fully made and sold themselves. But at the same time, SSC is selling themselves as a company that sells "museum quality" collectibles, so I still think, for this market segment, SSC holds a level of responsibility that all the products they sell meet that standard, otherwise, why are they selling them.

Unless of course SSC want to go the other way. In one section of their website are all the items they make and sell, we call these 'museum quality' and stand by that. The rest of the website has other people stuff, we sell those too, but all those could just be total junk, so buy at your own risk.

I can't imagine for one second, that that is the image SSC would want to project to current and future customers.

Back